1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irish cables.xml for N*L

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by reduct101, Dec 23, 2007.

1. reduct101

reduct101 Member

Has anyone got the latest cables.xml for N*L (Dublin Area)? All the links I've found so far are dead, file not found etc.

Any help appreciated.

2. 6040vec

6040vec Member

Did you get cables.xml. file. If not PM me

3. Satlinksw

Satlinksw Guest

I also have them. pm me with your email address

4. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

5. reduct101

reduct101 Member

Well, I have all I need for the DM600 (since 26/12/07). If anyone else needs help and stumbles across this thread, just post a reply and I'll get back to you.

6. stritta

stritta Member

Could use help setting up a DM600PVR.

7. Satlinksw

Satlinksw Guest

Stritta just flash with gemini. install a cam from the dreambox blue button. Install the latest dreambox keys using the dcc. It should work for you now. Make sure you copy the the cables.xml file to var/etc and do a scan on your system ie chorus, mmds,cable

Regards
    Steve

p.s. I think its var/etc, i don't have a dreambox at the moment, if its not look around the folders for cables.xml and replace.

8. stritta

stritta Member

Thanks for the info, I'm pretty close, have the latest HPi image and it is nearly there, i have some pictures and others are black. So getting closer. I think it is a CAM issue at this stage.

9. stritta

stritta Member

Ive got DCC and imaged to 4.3 gemini. Still getting the same black screens on channels - I have used loads of differenct Cams... what else am I missing. What keys and what location do they go in? Thanks

10. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You need a software cam and matching key files.

11. Satlinksw

Satlinksw Guest

12. stritta

stritta Member

Thanks... I'll take a look. What is the best CAM to use?

13. Satlinksw

Satlinksw Guest

i use cccam for sky digital satellite but you can pick any for n*l i think. digitalworldz use evocamd on their image.

14. stritta

stritta Member

Thanks i'm getting closer - I don't think its an image issue. I've gone through 3 all with the same results. I do a manual scan and find 180+ services, the bouquets, epg all come up. However only about 5 channels are visible. I've tried all the cams and copied key files across etc. I'm not a linux head - so I wonder if the files are in the right spot or have the right level of permissions. I'll have another crack at it tonight. I can see the keys for N*L Ireland and have d/l 3 different lots today. I've d/l all of the Cams through the Gemini image so its just a matter of selecting the right one.

Do you have to leave it for any length of time to just do its thing? I have left it for upto 30 mins.

15. Satlinksw

Satlinksw Guest

tell me if this works?:

1. Put on the Black screen
    2. Press the blue button on the remote and press OK to activate the CAM or restart the cam, select your cam, make sure Common Interface is NOT selected
    3.wait 10 seconds

16. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

That is working if all necessary files are installed.
    Beside matching keyfiles for the cam there are also rom files needed for the auto update.

17. stritta

stritta Member

I guess the 'real' question is. When I copy all the files to their respective locations, what tells the image where they are? Is there a config file that I need to modify?

These ROM files - sounds like another part of the jigsaw in regards to auto updating. I'm sure in a weeks time I will be able to do this in my sleep.

18. Satlinksw

Satlinksw Guest

factory reset!
    2. download the EvocamD from the gemini server
    3. download the EvocamD config from the gemini server
    4. active the Evocam from the blue panel and resart it.
    5. copy the cables10.xml file to Var/Etc ( I'll PM you that file now)
    6. Copy the keys to the Var/Keys and to the Var/scce (i'll pm you the keys)
    7.scan. watch
    If it doesn't work this time restart the evocamd, if that doesn't work,restart the dreambox

wait 1 minute on the blank screen

Hope it works for ya

19. stritta

stritta Member

Nope same deal :(

It would be good if I at least got something more. I've now put the box into Debug enabled. I've tried CCamd, EvoCam, Gbox, MGcam, with their configs and all the key files I could find. I think the only revlevant is the autoupdate.key & evocam +config. I have the latest of the trio - still no joy. Re-flashed and same result. sigh.

I'm wondering if there are new codes or systems where I am as I'm in a new estate and have a UPC box - although I can find all the NTL stuff - and a lot of the files relate to sat not cable. Think I'll do some more reading and try again on the w.end. Thanks for the help.

Does anyone have a DM600-PVR working in Ireland on cable?

20. Satlinksw

Satlinksw Guest

Try this:

I have copied the keys folder files from my dm500C so you put them in your dm600c into the var/keys. It has all the roms and stuff.

1.delete all files from the var/keys
    2.open and extract these keys ..:: http://www.megaupload.com/pt/?d=9KGBYNXK ::.. to var/keys on your 600c.

3. Enable evocamd

see if that works