1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iriver H10 is better than all ipods

Discussion in 'Audio' started by v1225, Oct 2, 2005.

1. v1225

v1225 Guest

iriver h10 is good because of it's 5gb hard disk space, it's price(£130.98)and it can do exactly the same as ipods.It can play music(dah,never)and u can look at your photos on it.So i think it's a pretty good deal if u ask me.What do u think.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

pretty much ANYTHING is better than an ipod. I've tested out several different brands of portable players, and the ipod's audio quality is by far the worst out of all of them. but it seems like no one cares about the quality these days. storage size and battery life are what people look at more, which is too bad.

3. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

well i am lucky enough to own an ipod 60gb and the creative z-t 20gb.

djscoop, i agree with you on the audio quality fron, but when you set the graphic equalizer on different settings for all your different types of music, and invest an a decent pair of headphones, it easily catches up. i know why people use the ipod over all other - many more features - podcasts a good example.

well, you say that all people care about is battery life & storage, but i'd rather have those two and shell out a small amount for decent headphones, because without decent battery life and storge, it's not worth having.

thats my 2 cents :)

Lethal

4. v1225

v1225 Guest

yeah your right discoop

5. Lethal_B

v1225 wat are you talking about

what about the thread entitled 'ipod nano is cool???'

don't go backtrackin now!!

lol j/k ;)

btw is your sig supposed to say 'activating?'

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  6. v1225

v1225 Guest

i know what i'm doing LETHAL stupid head if i want to go back tracking i will people do change there mind. So just shut up.

7. diabolos

diabolos Guest

stupid head?

LOL

djscoop, since I highly value your input, which portable player suits your audio needs best. I find that the my 20 gig sounds pretty good when paired with some bought headphones and the EQ is setup how I like.

I havent tested the ipod nano yet. I find the shuffle to be a waste of money.

@ v1225,
    Your a weak pathetic fool!

- Shang Tsung (MK I the movie)

(J/K)

Choose a side and stick with it!
    Ced

8. Lethal_B

@v1225 - as auslander would say, if you are going to diss me, at least be a little creative

lol - that doesn't even warrant a reply!!

just for the record, what i said was entirely tongue-in-cheek, hence the reason i said

don't go backtrackin now!!

peace

Lethal

9. djscoop

djscoop Active member

Ced,

yes it is true that you can increase the quality of any player by tweaking the EQ to find a setting that sounds good, and no doubt good headphones make an enourmous difference, but when direct output audio quality is tested, the ipod comes up almost last. I know that creative is on top, I have the small portable 1GB player (the name escapes me at the moment) and it sounds superb compared to other players. I have also heard good things about the Dell players.

The ipod has accelled in other categories though, like ease of use and style, which has made it by far the most popular and number one choice of most consumers. but me, I like to go against the grain. :)

10. evilh0ly

evilh0ly Regular member

the headphone that came with my first gen ipod 20gb sux ass i used it for a week or two, and the headphone got fxxk up, i mean i took good care of my ipod.

the ipod compare to my iaudio 20gb it's such an inferior

it's such a shame they make great Macs and sucky mp3.

11. evilh0ly

evilh0ly Regular member

i think the only reason ipod sells because it's beautiful style and the ease of operation.

like they said "do not judge a book by its cover."

12. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I bought one because it is easy to use and has an insane amount of name brand hardware support. Monster makes an entire line of ipod accessories for the Home and Car. There is also support from Bose. I also like the fact that its native audio format is apart of a future standard. I think Mp4-AAC is superior to WMA-9. Also, I think that apple produces a horrible Mp3 decoder on purpose. If I was trying to base everthing on my codec I wouldn't want Mp3 sound to come anywhere near mine either.

I must say though, I found the ipods playback of AppleLossless files to not be all that lossless! In comparrison to the Wav it sounded handcuffed.

I shall check-out this iriver H10 to see what all the fuss is about,
    Ced

13. matt72

matt72 Regular member

*Peeks in,

Hi all,

I own the ipod 20g and the iriver H10 5g (recently purchased). In comparision without any tweaking the iriver sound is more fluent and I like to hear bass. The only thing I see that needs to be addressed is how long will the battery last on my iriver. Ipod batteries have been reported to start failing at about the 18 month mark or so. I do agree ipod does have more accessories but with iriver being relatively new i will wait to see if they get with the program and accessorize as well.

Forgot to mention headphones make a world of difference. In that case I prefer either the sony earbuds with its own volume control or the sleek creative earbuds...both excellent sounds.

14. v1225

v1225 Guest

**edited**P.S. u lot take things to lightly then again u won't even understand that

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2005
  15. Lethal_B

oh man, you are so gone.

i/we have been very reasonable and you just keep on proving that you are a sad little [edited]child.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  16. v1225

v1225 Guest

bla,bla,bla i don't really care anymore.

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

does somebody hear the approaching thunder???

18. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

@v1225
    I was going to just give you a warning, but after your last post you're just getting banned.

19. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

thunder came & struck!! maybe v1225 stands for 1225 volts that fried him when hit by the lightning!!

20. need_for2

need_for2 Guest

okay with this H10 5gb it has a rechargeable battery. So can u remove that battery and put a non rechargable, like AA or AAA 's, u get the point, And how long does it take to charge the battery from right dead?
    Thankz