1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iriver H10 is better than all ipods

Discussion in 'Audio' started by v1225, Oct 2, 2005.

1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

depends on the battery charger as to length of time to recharge batteries.

2. matt72

matt72 Regular member

@neeed_for2,

Sorry for the delayed response but in my experience haven't run across an accessory that allows the use of non-rechargeable batteries. I can usually charge mine in 2-3 hours depending on how much I've used it. Haven't touched my ipod in about 3 months now..well until I get the ipod video :).

3. need_for2

need_for2 Guest

alright i got a H10 5gb mp3 player for christmas,and i am wanting to update the firmware,i keep on getting this error says: Cannot Find Update Information In The INF File:And that is after i go through all of the steps to pupdate it. What do i do?

4. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I have owned my iRiver H120 for a year and one day today, and I love the thing, I couldn't ask for anything other mp3 player. I totally hate the ipods, for so many reasons.:

They are just terrible products, with terrible interfaces, with terrible quality for money, terrible help assistance.

The iPods.. the batterys last about 8 hours max, they batteries tend to die within a year, where you have to get another one for £50. The nano's are £150 for 1/2gb of music. What a rip off. You could buy a 400gb hard drive for that price. There are so many other kinds of mp3 players eg. iRiver's.

The iPods iTunes which you are CURRENTLY forced to use to import the music, is embedded with DRM, (Digital Rights Management) which does not allow you to burn the music to a CD.

The iPods also, have a pathetic "don't steal music.." policy. Where if you wish to put a mate's songs on your iPod, or your songs onto their PC.. it will ask you if you want to register the computer with the iPod. If you click no, you cannot access the iPod or it's contents. If you click Yes.. - ALL THE SONGS WITHIN THE IPOD ARE IMMEDIATELY DELETED.

People have to become aware of just how crap these devices are. There have no more use than that of a cheese grater :)

-Mike

5. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Where can you get iriver H10 for $130?

6. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

I have had a few of them, and I have to say the interface is probably the best. I have used philips, creative & archos, and it beats all those for interface ;)

Agree with you there bud, $hit battery and not the cheapest..

Naw, theres many alternatives.

That ain't much to do w/the iPod. I never buy from there. I just import the music downloaded from p2p/buy from the shops.

Though there are ways around it, 'tis bloody annoying when all the other mp3 players have a drag & drop feature

I like my iPod 'cuz I like the smart playlists. You can customize where you put your music in the iPod like no other.

But the main thing is that iPods are crap value so I won't be getting another one =)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  7. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I prefer me iRiver h120

£160 and it has 20gb hdd, line in and out inputs, inbuilt radio, inbuilt Microphone, external microphone (comes with it). 16 hour battery life.

It's so great.

-Mike

8. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

160 with an FM radio, that's not bad at all :)

I may have to look into that one :)

9. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

10. lauzzie

lauzzie Guest

I am new to the forums. Why is everyone so horrible to each other. I thought the idea was to help. Anyway, I have had a H10 since August and I am really happy with it. I have had absolutely no problems at all, the software is very easy to use once you have had a play around with it and the firmware is very easy to upgrade. All in all i am extremely satisfied. My daughter own an mini ipod and it wasnt even 12 months old before I have to send it back to replace the battery and then I got charged $20 (Australian) for the postage. The iriver comes with a battery that you can replace without having to send the unit back.

11. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Apple will try and scrounge every penny then can off their customers. They even went ahead and released the iPod Nano knowing full well the screens were defective. So much for customer satisfaction.