1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is 1 gig of L2 cache good enough for most pc games

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by mb423752, Mar 14, 2007.

1. mb423752

mb423752 Guest

I am looking at purchaseing a new pc. I have never used them for games before. I know that is enough for all the other things I wil be doing but is it enough to run most pc games smoothly? Also the video card is High-end NVIDIA® GeForce™ graphics with as much as 319MB of video memory is that good for games? The processor is 2.4GHz AMD Athlon™ 64 3800+ processor. I know this pc will work fine for all of my other uses just not up on the games. Please someone let me know.

2. 88Camaro

88Camaro Member

Are you talking about the GeForce 8800 GTS with 320 MB Memory? Its a really good card, I'm considering it for my new system that i plan to build...The AMD 64 3800 is a decent processor, and should play most games just fine...however, games like Doom 3, Half-Life 2, and the new Crysis will be very taxing on your system if you want to play them at the highest resolution and detail level...are you planning on buying the computer from Dell or an online store or have someone put it together?

3. 88Camaro

88Camaro Member

Also, that processor you listed has 2 X 512KB of cache memory (1 MB total) and look like a socket 939 processor...I like AMD myself but i would probably save up more money ang go with a better model such as a AMD 64 X2 with the socket AM2 instead of the socket 939...

4. 88Camaro

88Camaro Member

atert looking at other forums, i realized that this should probably go into the "Other PC Hardware".... : )