1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Copy copying xbox hard possible and how to do it, please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by chicagomi, Oct 25, 2004.

1. chicagomi

chicagomi Guest

Can you help me maybe?

A guy is selling modded xbox's with 160 gb hd and 60 preloaded games for $360. He also sells modded xbox only for $160. I can buy 160 gb hd from officemax for $60. I would like to save a few hundred and copy the 60 game hd to a new hd I bought from officemax and use it in the $160 modded system..

IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO COPY THE HARD DRIVE, CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO ACCOMPLISH DOING THAT?

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  3. chicagomi

chicagomi Guest

It would be from an xbox that is modded, the hd I assume is modded, the hd would have 60 games preloaded on it. My concern is that if I spend all the cash on the unit and the hd fails, I am out everything. I want to be able to back up everything on the hard drive and replace it if the one I have fails. Does that help you enable you to help me? I am new at this xbox thing and could use anyones assistance to help protect the investment.

Again, I want to be able to copy it, store it incase it fails, if it fails put it in the xbox and away I go again...

Appreciate your help...

P.S., would Norton's Ghost work to do this? The guy who is selling me the unit tells me you can not back it up, and if I was him I'd say that to, to keep someone from maybe copying the hd and selling it to someone else?

4. chicagomi

chicagomi Guest

I assume the hd has a modded program on it that needs to work on a new hard drive, and that is what allows the games to function?