1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is dealextreme reliable

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by kairu67, May 1, 2007.

1. kairu67

kairu67 Member

is dealextreme a reliable place to get my r4 from, the price seems way too cheap.... anyone dealt with them before and had a positive experience? thanks

2. glfpunk

glfpunk Member

Mine just came in today. It is a great price. I got the combo R4/1GB Micro SD. Shipping takes a while though. I ordered it on 4/18 and got it today. Not bad for overseas. But everything was in the package and working correctly. I'd highly recommend at that price.

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I have bought from many times before, their postage is always quite slow compared to similar sellers in their area however they do have good prices.

Unfortunetly I have been unable to access the website for the majority of today.

4. spathi

spathi Regular member

you can compare their prices with other sites for yourself.

their free shipping is extremely slow. allow at least 3 weeks before you see your delivery. alternately you can pay more for the kind of shipping provided by the other sites.

slow shipping is a common complaint but they make no bones about it -- when you pay with paypal and elsewhere on their site they clearly mention that items ship in 4-6 days and take up to an additional 14 days to be delivered. the numbers i quote may not be exactly the same but they are not very inaccurate.

if you are willing to wait for your item, and find it worth the wait to save on the shipping costs, dealextreme is a very good option. their website has had problems recently but once you get your order through it continues processing regardless whether their site is online or not.

i ordered my r4 from them on 24th, and am still waiting for it. i expect it to take at least another week. i have never ordered anything from them before but i do know someone who has, and has received their items intact, but with the shipping time as described above.

hope this sorts out any issues you have with them. i do not represent any sites selling homebrew equipment, but dealextreme gets slammed a lot for their shipping times, even when they clearly state how long things will take, and i do see the need for a site that offers grassroot prices to people who find it worth the wait to save a few $ :)

5. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

tell us when your product comes in!

and do they offer customer support, like if you email them, do they know english? (because Im pretty sure they are located in hong kong, which is another reason for the lengthy shipping)

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Their customer support is VERY good, there are even comment like sections at the bottom of each page where you can post questions on the products and they will reply within a reasonable amount of time, this obviously has the advantage of everyones questions being visible so no customer needs to ask the same question twice. they are also very quick to refund/replace faulty items.

Their English is perfect too, well those I dealt with anyway.

7. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

They are reliable. Plain and simple. Only fault is super slow shipping, got mine in 15 days :)

8. kairu67

kairu67 Member

awesome!!! i ordered from them today, should be here within 20 days right??

9. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Yes. If it isnt, email them...they respond quick ;)