1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is DSLite + M3/R4 worth getting?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by lildracon, Apr 15, 2007.

1. lildracon

lildracon Member

Before you answer, know that I don't want to hear something like "OMG IT'S SO TOTALLY WORTH IT. YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY GET IT!" I'd like a thought out answer please.

Anyways, I don't really plan on playing hours upon hours, but during school I have a couple hour long breaks where I have nothing to do and it's quite boring unless I fall asleep. Is it worth getting a DS and M3/R4 to help pass the time? I'd only play for about 1-2 hours during school, and maybe 1-2 after school. Oh yea, I'm also very frugal, but if you guys think it's worth getting, I'll get it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

OMG!! IT'S SO TOTALLY WORTH IT. YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY GET IT!!! :p had to be done...

Based on the fact your going to be playing it in relatively short bursts i think it is definetly worth buying, I often find myself pulling out my DS for some New Super Mario Brothers, or atm Sonic DS.

You can also use it for watching videos now and then (though i will say now the video quality isn't ipod or psp standard) I find watching an anime epsiode for 20-25mins a good break from whatever i was doing beforehand.

Also, don't forget there are a couple of good games for longer periods of time, i am currently slowly woring my way through Final Fantasy III

I guess the main decideding factor is if you think you would use it, I know I do, and i'm the kind of person who does take my time deciding wether i would get he most out of somehting when buying it. Likewise I do know of some people who would not be interested in the DS (e.g. my father, he is happy with a PSP, but it never leaves the house it's purely for the odd game of Burnout/GTA/M.A.C.H here and there when theres nothing for him to do)

3. lildracon

lildracon Member

Heh, I should've seen that coming. One more question, when I play online with the DS do I connect to some sort of main server nation/worldwide or is it in the region of wireless?