1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is halo 3 going to be the end of the halo trilogy

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by twister07, May 24, 2006.

1. twister07

twister07 Guest

Is halo 3 going to be the end for the halo trilogy or is their going to be a fourth halo...

2. XArsonX

XArsonX Member

They Say this is how the World ends but I doubt it dude, they find a way to get another sequal

3. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

their makin too much money from halo to stop making them im sure it will be similar to star wars if you get what i mean by that

4. Tybro9

Tybro9 Regular member

maybe they'll make a sequal but the whole game will be from the convenants perspective, and what about the halo movie? kinda sucks that its not being like animated, its being played out by actors! >=P

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Nice question...will 3 be the last in the trilogy..
    Anyway I think they'll squeeze another 2 at least for this generation of consoles..The way to tell is if 3 comes out for the xbox as well..just thinking out loud about marketing strategy..The 360 needs Halo3 and the next gen will need Halo 5 or 6. Just how I think..but def not the end of the story yet..we haven't got to the earth-covenant alliance yet..

6. Tybro9

Tybro9 Regular member

well i agree, i really hope that this isnt the end of halo.. but in one of the halo games(1 or 2? i forget), they mentionned something about there being 7 halos.. or 5 i forget(lent both my halo games and havent gotten them back for at least a year), so maybe itll go on untill the covenant and humans create an alliance, and as for the next gen.. i wonder how much better a console can get untill they start having real people in the game.. that'll be freaky and hard on the wallet i bet =S

7. Timmy1970

Timmy1970 Regular member

I think that was in number one, when they figure out that the Halo is a weapon of mass destruction (No Saddam hasn't got it in his possession lol) and there are more than one... Halo is a reason for buying Microsofts consoles - I doubt it will end at 3. I reckon they'll do some storylines from the Master Chiefs past, just like in Star Wars...

8. twister07

twister07 Guest

But isnt there more halo rings because at the end of halo 2 there is 7 halo rings that they show you or is it going to be crammed in to one...

9. Timmy1970

Timmy1970 Regular member

Unless the story involves shutting all 7 down at once then i doubt it will be in one (unless it's unbelievably epic). They'll drag it out for sure - I for one won;t complain if they do :D . I wonder what new feature will be added (Duel Wielding last time)...

10. Tybro9

Tybro9 Regular member

more weapons!
    i hope they downgrade the sniper rifle. playing online or multiplayer was just bullshit because of the campers who would constantly insist on giving you a third earhole.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  11. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Or do what many other video company does, bring out a racing version of their games.. Halo Racing?

-Mike

12. Tybro9

Tybro9 Regular member

HAHA!! wouldnt that be something!? i wouldnt mind racing as Sargent Johnson!

13. twister07

twister07 Guest

That would be fun and weird at the same time but mostly fun for racing as the masterchife or the arbiter would be quiet amusing

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2006
  14. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

It would totally ridicule the whole series..!

-Mike

15. Timmy1970

Timmy1970 Regular member

Hahaha, It's give MarioKart a run for it's money lol. I reckon racing as one of those tiny little flood parasites would be a pisser... Or maybe you could use the flood as a weapon on the track lol.

16. tomfitz

tomfitz Guest

I love it when someone asks if there will be a fourth part to a trilogy. A trilogy is composed of 3 parts. It has been officially confirmed that this is the final halo game. This does not however stop spinoffs or prequels however i do not think bungie will do that. I think they will want to create something new after this to show they are not a one game company.

ps. I would love it if the game ended with the halos being activated. It would be original and unexpected. If they saved the universe from the flood and the covi then it would just be too corny and too american!

17. T3hReb3l

T3hReb3l Guest

there r 5 books so id say there are 5 games.

18. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Hmm, only 3 books I think, and they are after the original Halo, and don't have much to do with Halo 2.

-Mike

19. Tybro9

Tybro9 Regular member

theres are halo books? =S
    man i must be living under a rock! =P

20. smacyo137

smacyo137 Regular member

i dont think it could be the last one.
    think back to the psx remeber all the james bond games they made from nothing
    i think halo3 will be for xbox and 360
    halo4 will be for only 360

but you can definetly count on more map packs

and meaby even a online only game just for battles