1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it a DV cam or not? how do I capture this?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by ChrisMike, Mar 9, 2005.

1. ChrisMike

ChrisMike Member

More confused then before.

1) I have an 5 year old Canon ZR Mini DV recorder. With it I have a docking station that offers V/A and S plug. No USB or Fire Wire. It does a have a mini DV terminal connection to connect it to another DV cameras for recording/playback. I tried NVE 3, Virtual Dub, Win DVD Creator, Win DV and I did try as my last attempt fire wire, but no go, not even close, my OS does not even recognize the camera. Can you advise how I can capture these videos onto my DVD's, later I will try to incorporate those video clips into my dvd slide shows. Each tape is no longer then 35/45 minutes.
    2) Capture my VCR tapes to DVD's, that should be fun!!. I can't wait for that high blood pressure.

Build in 2004
    Win XP Pro SP1
    40G HD
    AMD Processor 1666
    Asus A7V8X-X Motherboard
    VGA Card: AG200T8-D64 with Xarbe 200 CPU
    Belkin 3 port Fire Wire PCI

Thanks,

Chris

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

The docking station onlyt exports analog video. You can use it to capture through an analog capture card. Don't know which type of ZR it is, but I would be surprised that it does not have a DV connection (Firewire) on the camera itself.
    Here a basic article about video capturing:
    http://www.digitalvideoclub.com/basics/transfer.php