1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it broken?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by MstChf05, Jan 1, 2004.

1. MstChf05

MstChf05 Member

After getting back from vacation my box would not boot up. It would turn on and off 3 times then stay on with the eject light flashing green and red. I figured when it got moved around so much it knocked a wire loose or something. I was checking all the wires from my modchip (Xecuter 2.2 Pro) and I'm not sure if the grey wire to the d0 point was already lose or disconnected or if i did it when i checked it, but it is now completely disconnected and the xbox will boot, but i need the chip soo..

My friend and I tried to solder that wire back on to the d0 point for an HOUR. everytime we booted it up, it did the on off on off error thing. I don't know if it's something wrong with the d0 point or we are too burnt out to solder or what but i gave up.
    So i went ahead and took the mobo out of the box so i could solder on to the back. the only wire i could find to extend the grey one is bigger. now logically, i thought u couldn't go smaller coz u wouldn't get enough signal but going bigger wouldn't hurt, however my friend says if it isn't 30 gauge just like the grey wire it won't work.

now my question is 1st- it was the d0 point causing my problems right? 2nd- can i use a different size wire to extend the grey one to the d0?

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

No it ain't the D0 point... it seems like there's a problem with your bios or you chip is no good anymore... try reflashing the chip to see what will happen... if it don't work re-post with the new problem maybe someone will know if anything can make it work again!