1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it just me or....

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by ptkut, Jan 30, 2007.

1. ptkut

ptkut Member

Im using nerovision express 3 and i dont know if its just me but it seems like it takes a lot longer than it used to, to transcode streams & burn, whether it be a avi file or a .cue file. Now it takes all together like almost 2 hours. It seems like b4 it used to take no more than a hour. Is it possible to slow down over time or are their some settings to make it faster?

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

It also depends on your pc specs and if your keeping the pc clean.
    Check DMA mode for all drives as Gwen suggested.

Have you done a disc cleanup, defrag, registry cleaner, virus/spyware scans recently? Good to do on a regular basis.
    If you have a fragmented drive and a clogged registry will slow things down too.

4. ptkut

ptkut Member

yes dma is on and i do ad-aware, spybot, diskclean once a week although i do need to defrag so maybe ill try that first and see if its any faster.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Run a registry cleaner too - here's a good free one: ccleaner. Use the cleaner & issues options.

May want to run a test on the ram on see if all is good there too.

Still taken awhile? - What's your pc specs and the size of the files taking a longer time? Are the playing times on these over 2 hrs. long?

6. ptkut

ptkut Member

pc specs are 2.8ghz pentium 4, 512mb ram, 125gb hd. The files are movies so average about 1 1/2 hours 700mb files. I'll let u know tomorrow after i defrag & run anti-virus.