1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it legal?(cod 4)

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by familyy, Jan 22, 2011.

1. familyy

familyy Member

is it legal to download and play online, games that are nearly 3 years old like call of duty 4?

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

if a games copyrighted then no.some would call it stealing the game,some would call it breach of copyright,some would call it piracy.

3. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

copyright hasn't run out yet. give it another, what, 60-76 years? something.

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

think its 50years here could be wrong.

5. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

The older the game/movie the less chance you have of twats like the RIAA, MPAA, tracking your IP Address. But I think it should be the uploaders who should get charged not the downloaders. But these people will go after downloaders instead, why? Because more downloaders than uploaders = more suing = more money. I remember a few Halloweens ago I wanted to see what all the hype was about Paranormal Activity. I only downloaded about 30% just to see a clip, then I deleted it right away because it looked like crap, however I should have been more careful because the movie wasn't even out yet. Yet I still got a letter from my ISP. So you’re still taking a chance, but the worst these guys can really do is just give your ISP a letter to issue a warning to you. With an "old" game like COD 4, I'm sure you'll be fine, since they'll be focusing most of their attention to newer games like COD:Body Odour (Black Ops). But I don't think we're allowed to embrace piracy on this website, so you didn't hear it from me ;D.