1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it my machine?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pooface, May 3, 2004.

1. pooface

pooface Member

I have recently burned a few dvds of mine to back them up, when I go to play them the dvd player will try to read the disc but it seems it cant successfully read it, it just stays set on the reading screen. My brother in law has the exact same dvd player, and all of the burnt dvd's work on his machine. He bought his about six months after I got mine, so I am thinking I have something wrong with my dvd player. I have tried all kinds of brand names, I have cleaned my player and still nothing works, but on my brother in laws you insert the disc and it instantly reads the disc and starts playing it. So does anyone know if it is for sure my player, and if it is could you recommend a good dvd player that will play back ups thanks.

2. mrman

mrman Regular member

well if the same discs work on his and not yours then it must be the player. Maybe since he got his after yours there could have been some changes to the parts inside of the dvd player which alowed it to read burned media.

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Sounds like your player to me. BTW, they make cleaners for them. I saw some at Office Depot and more at Circuit City.

I have a $35.00 Emerson EWD 7003 I bought on Ebay and a $300.00 Pioneer DV-563A. One seems to work as well as the other as far as playing back-ups goes. The Pioneer just has a few more features.

The Emerson is a bit easier to use because it does not have 57 buttons on the remote like the Pioneer. Very helpful if you drink.

4. Samantha

Samantha Member

I found the cheaper the player...the better it is. We bought ours from Mr Dick Smith, its their own brand name Digitor and it plays EVERYTHING. Not bad for $69.
    Try playing the disks on someone elses player and see how you go, I know alot of the older player wont read backups.

Good luck :eek:)

5. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

I highly recommend any Sony DVD Player, but I have also heard mixed results w/ the cheap Apex player (heard that it plays all formats & also heard that it freezes up). I know from experience that my Sony DVP-NC615 player has read every single +R or -R disc that I have put in (from cheap, crappy quality discs to high quality discs).

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I totally agree wholeheartedly !! I have 2 , one is a Sony DVP-NS305s & the other is a silver PS2 [both play everything I have ever put through them] : ]-~

7. BrewDude

BrewDude Guest

The Sony herbsman talks about works with every disc I have burned. I think I only paid $89 at American Electronics.