1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to burn dvd movies without dvd burner?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by snapok, Sep 1, 2004.

1. snapok

snapok Guest

I was just wondering, dvd burners are expensive as hell and i cant afford one right now. I heard that its possible to burn dvds without a dvd burner but i dont know how? So is it possible? if so how?

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

No you can't burn them with anything except a DVD burner. And I don't know where you live, but they're not that expensive most places. You can get a decent burner for around $70 in the US.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Your probably talking about programs like DVD Copy Plus ... allows you to backup dvd's to cd's.

But like Vurbal said, your better off getting a decent burner. Save your money, don't buy the program ... use the money on a dvd burner and get DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (both free)

4. michigan

michigan Guest

Agreed 4X burners are coming down in price about every week and they wrok excellent for DVD burning. Much faster than 4X and you seem to get more errors. Save your money, buy the DVD burner and use Shrink and Decrypter (Free) for your programs