1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to get or detect the wep number by XXX?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Jinkazuya, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

I am just wondering whether it is possible to detect the WEP or AWP number by the physical address as well as the ID address and the MAC number. I have just forgotten my wep number, but I just try to get it back and it seems that I can't after the restoration of the computer. If anybody is willing to help that will be great. Please tell me step by step.

2. whompus

whompus Active member

Your best choice is connect to the router wired. Go into the setup for the router. Then go to wireless area, then wireless security area. It should be listed there. If not then generate a new one. Then copy and paste to a text file to save for safe keeping. There are a couple other options but with the nature of your request they can not be talked about here.

3. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

I know...It is not the best place to discuss this. But since this is my own WEP, I am a computer noob, I just want to ask for help.

Anyway, I use Qwest, the modem of which has a built-in router and hence, I don't need a router. Plus I already have a laptop with the built-in wireless lan or whatever you call it. I used to be able to get into the info of my modem, which I just type in the Gate Way ID, and everything is right there. But right now I can't. I could detect the MAC number, Physical Address as well as the ID address. But all I need is to find the WEP number and type it in and connect it. So how?