1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to inject an SNES rom that exceeds 4.2MB in rom size?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by sabres, Jan 31, 2007.

1. sabres

sabres Member

Hello. I'm using SGXI.EXE version 0.0.4x to inject SNES roms. Unfortunately, I cannot inject roms that are larger than 4.2MB in size. Well, Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia are two roms with translated patches added to them that make their rom size well over 5MB. Is there any application or anything i can use to inject these roms to turn them into playable .DOL files on my Gamecube? Thanks.

2. luckgh0st

luckgh0st Guest

Hi I,m using the exact same version as you are, and I ran into the same exact prob w/ Tales of Phantasia. I have searched and searched but haven't found a way to inject a SNES Rom over 4.2 MB. But I'm still looking.... If you figure this out let me know

best regards

3. sabres

sabres Member

Well, I just use SNESGX v0.0.5x and load roms directly off of my SD Card using SDLOAD on my Gamecube. So, I no longer have any need for injecting roms. Although, Super Mario Kart doesn't seem to work that way, so I had to use sgxi.exe to inject that rom into a playable .dol file and play it that way. But otherwise, for Tales of Phantasia and such I can just put that rom into my SNESROMS folder on my SD Card and load it no problem.

4. luckgh0st

luckgh0st Guest

SNESGX v0.0.5x you say? I'll have to look into that tonight. I was considering burning a SNES DVD but I think I'll try the SNESGX v0.0.5x first. Mario Kart plays fine for me on the 0.0. 4x so does Yoshi's island . I have a CD for my PS2 with a bunch of SNES Roms and no matter what settings I used some games just ran like crap. I think the SNES emu for GC is way better.
    Thanx for the info!

5. sabres

sabres Member

Some versions of SNESGX v0.0.5x .dol are incompatible on some SD Cards. Let me know if you are having trouble with "unable to open sd card" messages. If this happens, send me a private message with your e-mail, and i'll send you an e-mail containing a .dol SNESGX file that is guaranteed to work on your sd card.

6. luckgh0st

luckgh0st Guest

Yeah I am getting the unable to open SD Card msg..... I'll PM you...

7. 05gtstang

05gtstang Member

Hi, Just wondering if you could help. I'm still recieving this message.

Thanks!