1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to mod xbox using the pc?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Dairanto, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Dairanto

Dairanto Member

im still new to the xbox domain and i really got an issue, and dont know what to do next and worst thing is i dont know anyone with the original xbox to help me out. i just got the xbox, chipped, and for some reason i cant access the chip menu which was excuter 2.0.1 ,when i click on the eject button, the circle flashes red and then after a while it turns green and the normal xbox board comes up. so please if you know how to do it with pc or anything else i should do, tell me.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

To access my smartxx i have to wait till my eject button turns red then i have only a few seconds before it boots to the dash,are you sure your not pushing it too soon,does it flash after a few seconds if you just use power on button perhaps that's the window you need to wait for,before it goes green,you'll also need the AID disc = Auto Installer Deluxe,should be a torrent on tpb,btjunkie or iso hunt,the auto-xbins software would be useful also,it's placed on your comp it will get flagged as trojan,so long a you have the original it will be ok

Once you have the AID's disc...lol.. do not do anything until you create a backup of the eeprom,place it in say e then while AID disc is there use it's ftp function to connect to the comp & extract all folders you see in the xbox (use filezilla or windows own explorer)

Other than that i can't really help assuming the chip was flashed then it seems the chips dash may have been hidden,so booting to the original xbox screen means the hdd is locked ?,unlocking the hd & installing the evo or unleash to c should get you on your way,you could also contact the person that fitted the chip to see what they advise tho i assume if they did hide it they did it for a reason

SUMMARY
    Create backup of eeprom & folders on the xbox thru ftp

DO NOT MAKE CHANGES TO THE CHIP UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING or experianced member see's this topic

dash not that important if you screw up so long as you have backup of folders (partitions) & have left chip alone as dash can be replaced with auto installer disc

Can create eeprom backup to any of the partitions on the box then instead of ftp replace hdd with a larger one that way you have an original working hdd,then using AID can install dashes & software manually or use auto function to large hdd,basically play around & get used to using the AID disc as well as get to understand this n that as you can make any changes you like to the hdd just leave the chip alone

Last edited: May 27, 2010