1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible to play pc games on an original xbox that is modded

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by remorsed, Dec 22, 2010.

1. remorsed

remorsed Member

i no i read a post here from 03 and it said no but since it 2010 we are more advanced and i also heard not enough processor power but im pretty sure you could upgrade itand since its modded and linux on it shoulnt it be easy to just put it on their please help a current nooob out

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

no and thrice NO .. xbox development stopped dead in 2005 .. so in xbox world it's 2005 ..

64mb's ram.. upgrade to 128 costs these days (IF you have the right mobo) about £40 just for the rare chips.. not to mention.. can you solder like a professional? .. will run windoze 95 in dosbox emulator .. no usb support so keyboard is out of the frame... run linux (ancient linux.. xebian) and then try to find a 5+ year old binary for debian dosbox.. why waste your time and effort and money? .. usb keyboard and mouse and converting 2 xbox front ports costs money.. for what was in 2002 a low end.. very low end... pc...

they make pretty decent media centers and game emulation platforms.. but pc games? .. unless they run in dosbox just forget it.. you can get better computers off the back street/dump..