1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to put more than one movie on a dvd?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ppills, Mar 16, 2005.

1. ppills

ppills Regular member

Is it possible to put more than one mpeg movie and watch them on my my non-mpeg compatible dvd player?

Now i've heard of a great little tool called "DivxToDVD", and I tested it, and it seems to convert an avi file to a folder called video_ts with the appropriate files in it with out a problem.

But, I need to know how to go about putting multiple mpeg movies on one dvd.

DivXToDVD has the ability to encode multiple files at one time to dvd format. Do I have to encode them all at once for it to work or is it just not possible to have watch multiple mpeg movies on a non-mpeg compatible dvd player?

Thanks for any and all help :)

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

No you can do it, you just have to convert all the mpegs to a dvd-compliant format. Your on the right track with the divxtodvd. What I do if i don't need menus is convert everything I want to put on a disc and use Dvd Shrink to make a compilation. Here's a guide if your interested.
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php
    Just look for the "compilation guide" it's for the older version of shrink but the method is still the same.

Also Nero could convert/burn them for you and you would have menus if you want.

There's alot of different ways to accomlish what you want, but Divx and Shrink are both free, and to burn you could use Dvd Decryptor "also free" if you don't already have a burning program .

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Mpeg is a very common format recognized by many burning programs. So if size is not a problem:

1) With DVDSanta: just paste the mpegs and burn away.

2) With Nero: At Nero StartSmart, choose 'dvd', then 'make your own dvd video', then 'add video files', search and paste your mpegs, click 'more' at bottom of window to adjust video settings if necessary, click 'next', then follow the lead from there.

Hope this helps.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@ppills,
    I have a guide at my website (link in sig) that will walk you through the whole process of converting, reauthoring, and burning your movie to a DVD compliant video. It is pretty much how OU812Ono explained. Use DivXtoDVD to convert, Shrink to process and reauthor, and Decrypter to burn your DVD. The guide is called "Convert AVI to DVD" Hope that helps you out!

Good Luck :)