1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible to upgrade android software?

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by jettyke, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jettyke

jettyke Member

With psp I did all kinds of stuff to get homebrew playing, and you could also upgrade to newest versions?

Any similar hacks for android?

And if there are, is it worth it?

2. Geeks

Geeks Member

Yes are upgrades, but they are provided by your carrier. For example: At&t has texted me when the 2.2 FROYO upgrade came out for my phone, the Samsung Galaxy S: Captivate. The upgrade process probably took me approximately 45 minutes.

Follow the link in the text message and it takes you to a website with pages filled with instructions. It is kind of complicating, but it's possible to do it yourself.

I don't think there are any hacks, at least none that I know of. I really don't think it would be worth it to hack your phone, especially because you lose your warranty. There will always be OS updates in the future, but you only get ONE warranty.

3. johku12

johku12 Regular member

Yes but no one knows if your phone is hacked when something fails inside and if it breaks up the way it still runs you can allways recover it to os

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  4. Geeks

Geeks Member

True. If you can recover it to OS, it should be fine.

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

You can root most Android phones and there are a huge selection of custom 'ROMs' for supported phones.

OTA updates for the latest softwares are usually filled with crap and very late to your phone. Check out xda-developers forum for more information, AfterDawn isn't the place to be asking about this.

6. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

There are many custom Roms available . XDA-Developer.com is the best source for roms .

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.