1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible to....

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by godzillla, May 11, 2008.

1. godzillla

godzillla Regular member

Hi, I am thinking of getting an iphone. However, I want to know if I go to a radio stations web page and they offer the "listen now live" option can I listen live to the streaming broadcast on the iphone like I can do on my PC. does that make sense? I don't get radio reception at my office and my company frowns on us getting on the internet. go figure.

2. 007geezer

007geezer Member

If you are on a pay monthly contract and using your providers ie O2 then it will be slow to download but possible to listen to, and eventually costly!!! The best way is to connect to the web via WiFi if you have the passwords etc for your companies broadband WiFi then it will be no problem! thats the easiest and fastest and cheapest way to do it.

3. godzillla

godzillla Regular member

Ok I can see what your saying. However, the wifi thing is not an option I have at work. I do get full reception on my AT&T phone which I heard is important if you want to get on the internet. Do you think I can still log onto and listen to radio stations. Have you personally tried it assuming you have an iphone that is? If so will there be a lot of buffering and skips in the transmission or will it be like watching youtube videos? thanks, sorry to bother but that phone is expensive and I want to make sure it does what I want it to before I buy it.

4. 007geezer

007geezer Member

Yup! I have the iPhone ,had one for 6 months now and its opened to any network,Im currently using Vodafone,on the question of listening to Radio online through your network provider,No! havent tried it myself,as i usually download a radio station podcast before heading out and listen to that instead,so cannot honestly say what it would sound like, It should be fine in that its only streaming music not videos so less bandwith take up so shouldnt require buffering! Best to ask instore at Apple they will tell you best.