1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth it !!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by HawkEyez, Oct 19, 2003.

1. HawkEyez

HawkEyez Member

hi people, i am a owner of a non modded ps2 and just recently bought a xbox (not modded). I did not mod my ps2 as they were many disadvatages about it, such as it can really mess up the ps2, you lose the warranty etc. The xbox on the other hand has many good advantages about modding the xbox as u can get media players etc but can it and does it mess up your xbox.

Is it really worth it?

2. joey_c_13

joey_c_13 Member

Yes, it is worth it hawkeyez. The new chips comin out are really easy to install and can fit any version xbox without having to solder them, except for version 1.5, which is very rarely seen. So my opinion is see what version you have and then make a decision. You can check versions here: http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php

3. HawkEyez

HawkEyez Member

Thanks for your reply, after looking around the threads and other sites about modded xbox's i have come across many people with messed up xbox's and people with very nive ones running media players etc but i have realised they are more people who have messed the xbox up either by time or other reasons,so i am not gonna take the risk so i am gonna wait untill my warranty runs out. (anyway mine was v1.5)

4. Workshed

Workshed Guest

Of course there's more people in the forums with messed up ones thats why they come to the forums, for help! Trust me there are a great many more who have had no problems at all, i did my xbox last week and apart from struggling getting the ftp working (broken network cable duh!) it was pretty easy. I would suggest looking at the installation diagrams for the XBIT and seeing how easy it is and then if you are still uneasy you could either get it modded by a pro (about £50 is normal including chip) or just wait til the warranty has run out. all i'm saying is judging how many people have messed up their xboxes from a help forum on modding xboxes isnt the best way to judge it :)

5. skinny85

skinny85 Member

V1.5. That sucks. Is it worth it? hell yeah. I just got my EVOX installed yesterday.I've been working on this crap for like a month now with all the soldering and flashing bios crap. There were many times when I wanted to give up and sell my chip. I probably opened my XBOX a good 20 or 30 times resoldering and aligning and booting just to see christmas lights. It takes a lot of patience in reading the tutorials and doing everything right, using all of the correct tools and stuff.
    When you finally finish, it's beautiful.

6. o5_pro

o5_pro Member

It is definately worth it! I installed my mod chip, flashed it with X2_4977 bios, installed evox, and installed my 120GB HD in 2-3 hours (mainly becuase I took my time). By the way, anyone up for trading games, pm me

7. HawkEyez

HawkEyez Member

Thanks again, i've been looking around the forums and yeah, it is worth it, very much so but ill think ill just wait untill the warranty runs out just to be on the safe side !!!!

Thanks

Hawk ;)