1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is My Camera Repairable

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by parman, Jan 2, 2008.

1. parman

parman Member

Hi folks, i have a Panasonic DMC-LS2 camera, it is 13 months old and for no explainable reason the lcd display is now showing cracked, it affects the top half of the screen, the outer casing is perfect as is the outer casing glass cover over the lcd display, if i can get another camera of the same make is it an easy job to switch the lcd displays over or is it a job for the profesional repair shop, the camera was £100 when new so obviously the repair costs have to be factor when it comes to deciding on a profesional repair job.

cheers for reading , hope someone can help

2. isaac4130

isaac4130 Regular member

LCD screens can be replaced, but it would probably cost you more than 100 pounds, and nowdays for your 100 quid you could probably get a camera that does more than what your current one does, with the added bonus of not having a cracked LCD.

Bottom line, I'd buy a new camera

3. susieqbbb

susieqbbb Guest

I would just purchase a new camera.

most repair cost's are insane.

I will give your a great example i purchased a canon powershot digital camera from a garage sale it needed to have the battery door replaced. replace the battery door sounds simple right wrong. I shiped the camera into canon and i can get the camera fixed no problem it's only going to cost 349.99 for the battery cover and 379.99 for them to repair the camera so i thought canon can go straight to H e double hocky sticks.

so just go and purchase a new camera. I would purchase a better camera.