1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is my DL burner done?if so which new one should i get?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by younglos, Jun 25, 2009.

1. younglos

younglos Member

ok guys... well I just downloaded Fight Night Round 4, & I have a gateway 825GM running windows XP with a HL DT ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B which is what i use & have been using for awhile to create my backups for my 360... well now im trying to make the fight night game copy using IMG Burn & this is what im getting ... i go into the game folder & double click the .DVD file and IMG opens up... i insert my verbatim disk and IT IS BEING DETECTED ... i select 2.4x writing speed, i get it all setup & click the write button , it sits there for awhile & i hear the drive making the normal sound it always makes & the green light in the front blinking, & the bottom left hand corner of IMG burn says "Setting L0 Data Zone Capacity" ... & it does that for about 5-7 minutes than a IMG Burn Error Box pops up saying "Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Error!" than under that it reads "Reason:Write Errror" and it have a big white X in the left side in a big red bubble, than it gives me the options to cancel, try again, & continue... i click Continue than i get a another bigger box pop up which says " I/O Error Device:[0:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A 101 (D (ATA) ScsiStatus:0x02 Interpretation: Check Condition CDB: 2A 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 20 00 Interpretation:Write: (10)-Sectors:32-63 Sense Area:70 00 05 00 00 00 00 10 2A 00 00 0E 21 02 00 00 00 00 Interpretation:Invalid Address For Write", i continue & it ask me even though the write proccess has failed would you like to try & finalize & close the disk ... i click yes & it does the same thing & in the corner of IMG burn it says Closing Track )% and it doesnt move it stays @ 0% for & once again i hear the drive making the normal noise it always does ... the finalize & close disk proccess fails as well...

looks to me like the DL burner is DONE! but im not an expert on these things, what do you guys think? if so what DL burner should i go for for backing up games... price is not an issue i want a quality,durable DL drive.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

somebody needs glasses as this was posted in the dvd rom forum not the dvd burner forum which it is now.

3. tommy6

tommy6 Regular member