1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my laptop fried?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ribbo, Jan 15, 2007.

1. ribbo

ribbo Member

Hi
    About 12month ago coke was spilled on my laptop and it wouldn't turn back on (the on and battery lights just flashed), so I bought a pc.

Then last week I was clearing stuff out, and happened upon the laptop, turned it on and it worked!!

It was working perfectly, everything still intact, for about 10hours then the screen went really dark. I tried the power button but nothing. I held it up to the light and managed to shut down properly, but now I'm back to square one with the on and battery light flashing!

Anyone know......Is my laptop doomed??

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

could be that the soda dryed up and allowed it to work. lol but seems as if the laptop may be shot, what kind of laptop is it, ill tkae it off your hands casue i like to take the things apart and use the capacitors and all the other components off the board to build robots and what not. let me know PM if your intrested.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try an external monitor to see if laptop screen is messed up or not.

4. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

@rogeball

Sell it as faulty on ebay. Youl make at least £200 for it if its half decent and you say what happened!