1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my Liteon SOHW 3253S w/ firmware CS0T going bad?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by theVerve, Sep 11, 2007.

1. theVerve

theVerve Member

I have a DVD-writer (Liteon SOHW3253s with firmware CS0T not crossflashed etc) and lately it has been creating bad burns. When I burn a dvd full of divx avi vids, it plays the movies fine until about the 3400Mb area of the dvd. My dvd writer and cdr/dvd combo can't seem to read it. Tested the meadia with NeroCD/DVD speed and like I said it can't read from the 3400point onwards.

I have burned BENQ 16x -burned at 16x (trouble with pc dvd drives, OK with nextbase dvdplayer)
    BENQ 16x -buned at 12x (OK)
    TDK 16x -burned at 8x (can't read 3400mb region onwards plus a black ring (burn maybe) is seen
    around the 3400mb area of the dvd)
    a couple of Kellpex 8x - burned at 4x/6x/8x ( can't read 3400mb region onwards

I have burned at least about 120 dvds with this one and the drive s about 2-3 years old

Is this a sign that the drive laser is going bad? Is there anyway to fix it?
    Could resetting the learned media fix the problem? (using eeprom utility)

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Those kinds of problems are usually related to bad media. Try some good media, like Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden. Then try it again.....