1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my Starview Box Faulty :( NO SIGNAL

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by jonneyboi, Jul 8, 2007.

1. jonneyboi

jonneyboi Member

hi,
    i brought a starview box off ebay and it came yesterday. i have connected it in the sam way the n*l pace box was connected. so i have the cable cable going into the cable in slot. the scat goin from the scat tv slot to the tv, and a scat cable going from my dvd player to vcr scart socket.. i dont see were i have gone wrong... do i need an aerial or something to go into the areial in slot??? anyways, my box shows up seven channels but the screen is black and no picture, and when u leave it for a bit it says no signal.. i have tried scanning for new channels but all the things fail..
    API ver: 4.00e_E
    Boot ver: 7.0
    7.jun.2007
    I live in epsom surrey (if that helps)
    Also i have turned emu on and entered the latest codes but still no luck..
    Pls help :( thanks in advance to anyone who take the time to help ;)

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

do you have basic n**.is your cable split from the main cable.and make sure you have the cable in the cable input.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2007
  3. jonneyboi

jonneyboi Member

hi,
    thanks for te quick response... after close nspection of my ntl white box on the wall, there are three wires coming out of it, one oes to my modem, one goes into my n*l box down staires (were im trying to get my sv box to work) and the other one goes back out side and in to my mum and dads room but it is not in sure e.g no box connected there.. so yes i guess it is split..

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

thats why you get no signal because the signal is split in three.you can try taking out all the cables except the main one to the down stairs box.put the main cable into your box do a scan if you pick up all the channels and they work put all the cables back the way they were and hopefully it will still work.you may need to buy a signal booster but if you know someone with one try getting a lend of it to see if that helps.

5. jonneyboi

jonneyboi Member

hi,
    ok ill try that, do i need to take out the one that is for broadband or just the one for the tv up stairs

6. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

have the broadband in for now.if you still get no signal try taking out the broadband.

7. jonneyboi

jonneyboi Member

hmmmmmmmm.. wen i opened the white box i found that the the wire coming from out side was the one that was being split.. i took off the splitter and connected the sv straight to that cable, but still no signal.. i know that there is one of the cables in my mum and dads room is it possible that the cable had been split again outside maby???

8. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

could be but it could also be a faulty box.can you try it on someone elses n** if it still doesn't work ring up the person who sold it to you and get a refund or a new box.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2007
  9. jonneyboi

jonneyboi Member

thanks ryanmg, i got my box working.. it seams even though my box is branded ntl, and ntl was on my bills. im on telewest :s, neways i scaned tw nd gt all the channels :D.... but my picture keeps freezing and sayin scrambled or bad channel, and i was wondering if you could tell me how to set up my box to autoroll, i im using ntl codes i think.
    cheers jonney

10. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

here is a link for the latest software version ( it is only for 'the box') so make sure it is 'the box' before u download it

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/10/531375#3223617
    you are in the uk so download 4.51 for uk
    but before u do this you might want to check this link out and try the codes for T***We*t. It may stop the freezing and scrambling !
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363