1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my ViperGC chip working OK????

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by keropi, May 28, 2009.

1. keropi

keropi Member

Hello all!!!

I just got a 2nd hand Gamecube with a ViperGC chip installed (not extreme) and cobra1.6 bios.
    The ONLY way to boot backups/emulator disks is to power off, put the disk in and power on. then the disk boots.
    If the "dashboard" loads, and I put a disk then, it will not spin up and it displays the "please insert a nintendo gamecube disk". No way to get a disk recognised if it is not inside during power-on...
    So I went on and removed the lid-sensor passthrough (connected it direclty to the gc mobo). Disks boot like before from cold boot, and in the dashboard the lid open/close is recognised but it stucks forever with the "reading disk" message...
    Is this normal? I don't think so... it is so hard to get gc chip info in 2009...

Thank you for your time and any help! :)

2. keropi

keropi Member

I forgot to add, that when a disk boots, and I open the lid, the disk keeps spinning, it does not stop at all...