1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my xbox ethernet port dead?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by james8492, Feb 12, 2007.

1. james8492

james8492 Member

Okay i just started to have this problem a few days ago. I used to be able to connect to XB live, xbconnect and xlink-kai fine. I was using a router setup. Then a few day ago suddenly im not able to use anything out of the xbox ethernet port.the port that im using on my router doesnt light up( the three lights) and on my xbox the green and yellow lights dont light up either when there is clearly a connecction between the two ports. Ive tired every cable (cat5(e) and cat6(e))but still no luck.i also tried it on both of my computers(moving modem and router to another comp) but still no luck. Maybe a virus messsed up my settings. I dont know. Could some one help me please

2. kapooty

kapooty Member

do you use a computer on that router? and does it get out ok?
    If yes, are the lights on? if yes, unplug the cable at the computer side and plug it into your xbox. Do the lights come on now?
    if not find out what your ip address and subnet numbers on your xbox are set at,make sure they are correct. If they are not right the lights wont light up either.If you are sure they are right and it doesn't work then yes your box is probably toast, but if your'e not sure follow up with your results.

3. razielo82

razielo82 Member

Also make sure the xbox is still set to DHCP to recieve an IP from the router.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

and if using a router with security enabled you need to make sure that you use the MS Dash to set up all the information.
    The other dashboards you can set up th IP and all that but the MS Dash has a place to enter your SSID name and security key which is needed if you want to make a connection to a router with enabled security.