1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my Xecutor 3 working???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by showan, Nov 2, 2004.

1. showan

showan Regular member

Hey all.

I just installed my X3 chip FINALLY (easy install my ass:) but there's a problem. In the tutorial for the xbox 1.6 it says when you're all done to tap the power button and the X3 logo on the external switch should show up blue. This is what happens for me, except that nothing shows up on the screen, and if I leave it for a few seconds the power light on the xbox turns amber. When I hold the power button the X3 logo shows up red and the xbox starts up as normal. I get video and everything. I assume that this means the chip is disabled and this is normal.....cool. When I press the power and eject buttons at the same time, the X3 logo shows up purple, but again no video on my screen. And just like when the logo is blue, if I let it sit for a few seconds the amber power light on the xbox comes on again. Is this normal? Anyone know what's going on? I'm pretty damn sure my soldering is good. I spent enough time doing it and I did it about 3 times over. What's going on here?

Thanks.

2. skpippins

skpippins Guest

you definetly need to check your soldering again.thats why you have no video.check your do point.
    get a magnafying glass and look at all the soilder points.i had the same problem too.sometimes small peices of solder are touching on the board.and yes the xbox 1.6 is a pain in the a,.,.,.,.,.i blew one board ver 1.6.its easy after a few times but ive never bought a 1.6 again

3. showan

showan Regular member

I've checked my soldering over and over again and it looks fine. Actually I found something out yesterday that there were two different versions of the 1.6 xbox...the newest is a 1.6B. On the Xecutor website I've seen articles talking about this new xbox and how it's not working with any of the new bioses out there. People are getting no video....the people who end up flashing the chip on another xbox and then use it in the 1.6B are experiencing freezes when trying to play games. Still waiting for a solution. I think I'll try and reinstall this chip back in my old 1.0 and avoic the hassle! :)

4. skpippins

skpippins Guest

yes that would be better those 1.6s are a pain.i fried mine and i acually had it working i was having problem with the software.it kept freezing on me .so i took everything off unsoldered and it never worked again.so my trusty hammer worked just fine on it.i like the older ones better anyway i have 5 xboxes modded just sitting over here in my house.with all new covers.good luck