1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Nero good for LightScribe?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mossfan18, May 28, 2007.

1. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

I was looking for a program to burn DVD's plus have the luxury of lightscribe as well. I've used Nero for a long, long time but my version is outdated.

Which version of Nero should I buy if I want to use lightscribe labeling?

Is Nero even the best software for this? Give me your opinion on which software is the best for lightscribe use.

P.S., I am an absolute newbie when it comes to using LightScribe so if you could give me an easy starter program I would apprciate it!

2. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

I use Nero 6.6.0.18 to burn DVDs & CDs, I also use ImgBurn to burn DVDs.

I've never used Nero to burn Lightscribe. I use a free program called SureThing CD Labeler 4 SE. I got it from the Lightscribe website. It's easy to use, pretty much drag and drop except for inserting text. It will even import song titles for cds from the disk!

Here's a couple of samples of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FYI, I have experienced fading of Lightscribe labels, especially on Memorex and HP DVDs. The cds seem to be holding up alot better. I have not tried (and probably won't) the color Lightscribe.

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  3. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

Are you sure that SureThing CD Labeler 4 SE is free because all I see is free trial basis.

Also, did you do that entire CD with the SureThing program? The design and all?

Anyway, thanks for the info!

4. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

I use C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\Content\Getting Started.mht with Nero 7 and Nero puts the Lightscribe in the extras,my experience the lightscribe isn't worth it good ol printables IMHO Chris

5. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

SureThing CD Labeler 4 SE has been updated and is no longer offered on their website. The SureThing CD Labeler 4 SE came bundled with my drive. If you have a retail drive, or even an OEM, check the driver disk for it, it might be there. If you are going to do Lightscribe, don't forget to install the driver (from the disk, or get the latest driver from their website, www.lightscribe.org).

Well, I burned the tracks with Nero.

I used Surething to do the entire Lightscribe label, design, text, tracks & label. The design is actually an image of the LP jacket, I imported the track names off the disk and inserted the text (album name, artist name).

CDs are fairly crisp, DVDs are kind of fuzzy.