1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is nvidia geforce 9200 good?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by nuhretizo, Sep 15, 2009.

1. nuhretizo

nuhretizo Member

as the title is nvidia geforce 9200 good for gaming? because i'm going to buy a computer who have this card...

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

No, it's ridiculously terrible, but so are most shop bought computer's graphics cards.

If you want to game you'll have to install a new card yourself after you've bought the computer.

3. nuhretizo

nuhretizo Member

but on youtube i've seen several videos that 9200 can run crysis and cod4... so if i buy my computer with 9200 can't i run games like test drive unlimited or crysis on low quality?

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Yes, it should just about manage Crysis on minimum, but anything higher than that and it would slow to a crawl - if you want to game, playing at the very lowest settings isn't the way you want to do it...

5. solidmac

solidmac Member

well if the guy is on a budget and you dont care about playing crysis the card should be ok. as far as i know the 9 series is a rehash of the 8 series with improved clock cycles.

my 8800gt plays any game sofar that has come out but in a year or two with direct x 11 rolling out it will soon be outdated

6. nuhretizo

nuhretizo Member

how about geforce GT220 can that handle games such as cod4 or crysis?

7. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Handle, yes, play well, depends on the game - it's roughly on par with the 9500GT (so much better than the 9200 at least), and can run things like Call of Duty 4 reasonably well at high settings, but Crysis only at medium at best.

Tell you what; how about you tell us the specifications of the different PCs you have your eyes on and we can see which you're best going with overall - you never know, it could work out cheaper to buy one with a poor card and then upgrade it yourself.

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Ideally don't buy a PC with such a dump graphics card, try and find one with either a GTS250, HD4670 or HD4850.

9. Zeyf414

Zeyf414 Regular member

That is an old card that I ran in my old Pentium 3 system which will give you some idea of just how old it is. It did fine for me back in the days and I certainly could play most games -- then -- quite fine. But even so it was limited by the fact that when playing the original Neverwinter Nights and a large group of baddies would attack my frame rates went way down to a crawl.

My advice: Save up, seek wise advice, and build a good system yourself.

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I could be wrong here but I suspect you may be thinking of the Radeon 9200, not the Geforce 9200.