1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is olympus a good digital camera brand?

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by dipset121, Apr 20, 2006.

1. alafossb

alafossb Regular member

Ya im not a big fan of nikon coolpix cameras...their newest best ones are pretty nice, but for snap shot small digital camera just to go around and take pictures of friends and stuff, i wouldn't go with nikon. Now their SLR cameras....that's a whole nother spectrum :) i love their SLRs. they make wonderful lenses too.

2. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

olympus is an OK brand but there are a lot of better ones out there, such as cannon kodak sony...

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Kodak is now only a memory, top brands, depending on intended use are(inho): Cannon, Nikon, Sony and Olympus, in no particular order.

4. pantsfire

pantsfire Member

I heard that Canon was good, but I can't find a camera with a faster shutter speed. There is always a delay. Anyone know of a good camera that doesn't have awful delay?

5. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Check out the digital SLRs....

6. mf70

mf70 Member

Yes, digitals do have much longer delay between squeezing the shutter and getting an exposure than old-fashioned mechanical cameras. The Olympus SP320 seems faster than my earlier Nikon 2200 or early Kodak digital, but it is still problematic in fast-moving situations.

This should be a prominent feature in reviews.

In the meantime, there are camera features built in to deal with this. Multiple shots & prefocus are two that come to mind. And practice, so you know your camera. Even in the Good Old Days, it was a problem, and the basic fixes were the same.

Mark