1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is piracy a bad thing? Not bootlegging

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by MckinneR, May 27, 2006.

1. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Sorry for off-topic.. but safc? you posting..?? Thought you were? Come in IRC, man.

Anyways, agreed. I'm only 15, and most of my 85 PS2 games wouldn't be here if it weren't for P2P..

-Mike

2. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Lmao Mike - i been in buddies all along mate, the name CL00neY ring any bells ?????

3. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Aye, was the big mink owen told me you were doing time in jail. Big mink he is, me and you batter him next time we both on ok?

-Mike

4. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

in case anyone was wondering what episode of south park that was, it was episode nine of season seven where cartman makes a christain rock band because him and kyle are competing to go platinum before the other.

5. spirrow

spirrow Member

All data contained on these DVDs is in the public domain.
    As the data was shown on free view channels, neither Ebay rules or International copyright laws have been violated.
    The eBay rules stipulate that data within the public domain may be sold on DVD-R and similar media.

Exception:
    Sellers may list copies of software, music, movies, television programmes, or games on CD-R, DVD-R (or other forms of recordable media) where:

the seller is the copyright owner; or
    the underlying material is in the public domain
    All the episodes on these DVD’s are in the public domain and have been aired on free view channels

Is this right?

Also, I am an actor and will be in a movie next year filimging in 3 weeks (CANT WAIT) you see I am only 15 and you wont BELEIVE the $$$$ they pay me and yes I do beleive pirating is mine but if you are not going to see the movie then if you want to download (because its free) then be my guest I even do it sometimes but the thing is its not just the price but the oppertunity and availablility as you see I could take a 15 minute drive (from a schoffur if I want because of my payment) and go buy a ticket watch a movie in crowd of 100 people yelling and laughing, it's just easier from home.

PS The movie is called "Talk to Me" starring Don Cheadle.

Thank You

6. antomic

antomic Regular member

you are all correct that they (the MPAA and record company) are greedy bastards and I in no way support their ideas of justice, but think about this. Lets say that you make a really good pair of running shoes. you spent thousands of dollars and years of research on these incredible shoes. Then, A lowlife steals your plans. Pretty soon, he starts making those shoes just like yours, except they are dirt cheap. I know for a fact that people would rather get something almost free than pay for it. So everybody is enjoying these new shoes that they got almost for free from this lowlife, but you get nothing in return for your hard work and years of research. Does this sound fair?

I'm against piracy, but I believe that we have right as consumers to do whatever the hell want with our media as long as we dont profit off it. The MPAA and record company are so F@&*d up. They charge like half a million dollars if you just do something like download a movie. I'm pretty sure you get charged less for armed robbery or assault than movie piracy. Something is seriously wrong there.