1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is samsung a decent brand

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by benbernie, Jul 6, 2008.

1. killalot

killalot Active member

I’ve been a proud owner of Samsung products for many a year with it being either a mobile or TV and VCR the VCR brings back the memories never had any problems typing this now on a 42 inch Samsung LCD not sure why then they was stacked up? Sure they weren’t on offer?

2. delerue

delerue Guest

Those were all open box returns. If it were the day after the Super Bowl, I can understand the large return volume from those cheap skates :)

3. Dragula96

Dragula96 Guest

Code:
    as for 120hz, that's not a tech, that's just a lead in refresh rate which all manufacturers can use. 
    Man, have you lost your marbles or what? How is designing a tv with 120Hz refresh rate not tech? And if you are referring to "tech" as in, only tech you find in a certain tv series, well that's not entirely true either. They just coin that technology with their own name. Other tv manufacturers come out with the same tech, but call it something different.

Lets take HDMI-CEC for example. Those are all new techs put into tv's, but each manufacturer has it's own "coined" name for it. Like LG's "SimpleLink", Panasonic's "EZ Sync", Sony BRAVIA's "Theatre Sync", Samsung's "Anynet", and Toshiba’s "CE-Link".

Read that article my friend, then come talk to me.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/10528.cfm

Let's face it, Sony makes nice tv's, but I'd never buy one. If I had to choose another tv, I'd buy a bigger Samsung LCD, Bigger Samsung LED DLP or the new Mitsubishi LaserVue line. Sony is evil, don't give into those bastards!

By the way, we are talking about tv's, not phones.

HAH! Yea, I got it right this time!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  4. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I bought an LG 42" plasma about three years ago, had 12 month warranty on it. When it was 13 months old, the plasma went leaving 2 big black lines running down the screen. Couldn't watch it at all.

Had terrible trouble getting the shop and LG to admit any liability because it was just out of warranty, even though under the sale of goods act it wasn't up to standard, you would expect a 2000 euro tv to last longer than 13 months.

Anyway eventually after about 3 months of me harrassing them they agreed to replace it with a new model, and i bought an extended 5 year warranty for it.

After this i definitely wouldnt recommend LG to anyone. My new tv is doing fine and is over two years old now, but they were just a nightmare to deal with, and really couldnt have cared less.

5. Dragula96

Dragula96 Guest

Yea, I wouldn't have bought a plasma by LG. Only line I'd roll with is a Pioneer or Panasonic.

6. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Well i wouldn't buy one again. The one i have now is doing fine, but still i'm not happy about the whole experience.