1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is SVCD on DVD-R possible?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lisamw, Aug 29, 2004.

1. lisamw

lisamw Member

is it possible to burn svcd's on dvd-r's so they can be read on my dvd player? (my dvd player plays svcd's its a cheepie that plays everything) i went all through the site and i found a lot of people asking the same question but not many answers. someone said all u have to do is burn the svcd like you would burn a data cd and it would work and someone else said u have to encode the audio first to 48000hz, i also heard that encoding the svcd to dvd will cause a loss of quality but i would rather keep the svcd format anyway, can it be done without any encoding?

2. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

If you want to convert it to dvd it is possible.
    If want to burn it as svcd to a dvd disc to play on a player like you would mp3's or jpegs to cd i dont think it would work. when first got my dvd player i tried to burn vcd's and mp3's to dvd as a data disc and it wouldn't work. When i burnt the same files to a cd-r it worked. I hope this answers your question and hasn't confused you too much.