1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Problem Nero or DVD2One?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Aero300, May 22, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Aero300

A reinstall works sometime but Windows has a nasty habit of protecting the registry and other important system files even if they're corrupt. If a reinstall didn't work then you may have to reformat.

Word of advice, I own just about every Roxio app that exists because I get it bundled with hardware and I buy a lot of hardware. I never install Roxio because it's just to pervasive. Use Nero alone you don't need Roxio.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Soph, why is that? My external plextor 708 UF came bundled with roxio, you'd think after paying 200.00 for a burner, they would at least give you a decent software to go with it.

My LiteOn which I paid 90.00 for came with 2 of the latest versions of Ulead, an excellent software.

Go figure.

3. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Hey Big-O. Are you sure it wasn't the other way 'round ... that you bought the Ulead programs, and they threw in the burner? :)

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigo

They sent me the very best of the same crap with my PX-712A, in Europe they bundled Nero Ultra go figure.

If anybody's interested here's a review of Pioneer's latest Dual Layer. Reminds me of why I've waited and will continue to do so.

http://www.tomshardware.com/storage/20040818/index.html

5. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Sophocles ... I read the article. Are you waiting for price drops, or for 8X write speeds, or...?

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Doc

Mostly media drops! I already own the best single layer recorder on the market(Plextor PX-712A). I think that it's pointles to buy a dual layer and use it as a single layer recorder befoare the media drops in price. I figure by the time the price of media goes down recorders will also have become more advanced, and like Nephilim I'm waiting for Plextor to release their dual layer.
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2004
  7. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Yeah, a drop in dl media prices, along with some kind of proven track record regarding reliability and longivity.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Exactly, why buy into immediate obsolescence. If you’re not going to use the dual layer recording feature because of media prices then wait until they go down and quality goes up?

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Doc, very funny!!!that LiteOn is a dual layer, thank you very much!

Soph, I do use my LiteOn, I'm just picky about what movie I use it with.

Media has dropped more than in half in 2 months, it won't be long before it drops in half again as more and more companies rush to get in on a booming market.

I think both of ya have the green eyed monster working from within, sorry I don't know a cure. LOL
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigo

And by the time that happens the burners that already have and will continue to have evolved into something better will be a great buy and then I'll buy.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

LOL

Soph, and in the meantime I will be burning with my LiteOn, and if and when something comes out that I want I'll keep it from my wife(did I say that)and buy it too.

One could concievebly keep waiting forever until one never buys. PC's are much better now than 10 years ago but I bet you had one back then, am I right? he he

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigo

It's true that one could wait forever to buy. To me it's like a good piece of fruit, I prefer to wait until it’s just ripe before eating it. You know I’ll eventually buy and god help you when the rest of us find the right burner because your wife just might catch you getting one too. :) LOL

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I've always liked my bananas on the green side. LOL

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Now about some new software.

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hisssssssss, go away.......lol

I think brobear took a big plunge and bought Vegas, whew, that would be something to keep from my the little woman!

16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

That would explain the question he asked me about SonySound Forge 7.0. But that's not really a video app its an audio app. Damn good one, If he's got it then that means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH GOD NO, I'll have to have toOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Well dig in cos he got it too! LOL

18. jamesj2k

jamesj2k Guest

need help qiuck
    just got a new dual burner a mirco advantage iam using dvdxcopy and tried to use dvdshrink/w nero can not load nero says have an old copy of nero already on but i have deleted all files of nero also my b'sgold will not work need help

19. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

james2k...

You post is a little confusing. Are you wanting help with DVDXCopy or Shrink/Nero?

20. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I would go and load Nero Ultra 6, it's free for every month, all the month. Must be downloaded each month til you buy, which I recommend. Shrink is designed to work with nero.

Click on edit > preferences > target DVD size > drop down menu > hit DVD9(or custom-type in 8120 if you don't want to burn to the edge). Then go to File I/O and enable burning with nero. Done, hit backup and choose temp folder and burner and you're set.

Afterthought, also load update packs 1,2, and 4, not 3, causes problems and you don't need it, this will show you how good ultra 6 is. Best complete audio and video package out there all under one roof. Well worth 59.00 when you decide to buy.
    _