1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Problem Nero or DVD2One?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Aero300, May 22, 2004.

1. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

good call, big-O. Do you think he needs to do Clean Tools, or just let 6 do the work?

2. brobear

brobear Guest

A lot cheaper than Sony Vegas and Sound Forge.

3. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

brobear's ears have been burning. :)

Big-O...I'm thinking that folks have problems linking Shrink to the Nero 6 trial? Have you heard anything about this?

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I would do a complete uninstall, clean tools wouldn't be a bad idea.

Congrats brobear, I'll be bugging you all the time now. What were you thinking? This isn't like you. Finally, does your wife know, I'm betting NOT!

Doc, no I haven't. I talked to craig from nero and if they load ULTRA 6, with the packs 1,2,4,and 5 if they wish, they'll be fine. It works exactly like the purchased version. It's all these other nero versions causing some problems.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2004
  5. VLJ

VLJ Member

I remember buying a Pioneer 105 4X burner and it was great and I've burned a lot of good discs with it, and it still works, but my daughter has it now. I paid pretty good money for it at the time, but if I'd have waited on getting the Aopen 8X I have now (from www.neweeg.com ) for under 90.00 dollars (US), I'd have missed out in burning and learning. Learned media counts VERY MUCH.. buy good platters to burn on. Rytek is very good and affordable. Burn using current engines, and ATAPI drivers. Learn a LOT in encoding..LOL

BigOrgange....my family was on vacation and spent the night Tennessee. Just got home. Great country. A lot more hilly-er than Nebraska :p Never realized that they grew tobacco as far North as Kentucky either.

We were down around Knoxville. Went to South Carolina to my wifes' folks and spent some time on Myrtle Beach.. Nice there this time of the year.

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Well, how about that? I just got back from Cherry Grove, just north of Myrtle Beach and I live about an hour north of Knoxville.

If you had come up another 60 miles you would have seen mountains instead of that "hilly" terrain. LOL

I live about 30 minutes from several Ski slopes,including Beech Mtn. and Sugar MTN.

BTW, totally agree on the purchase, gotta take the plunge sometime, right?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  7. VLJ

VLJ Member

I was 60 miles north. *S* We took Interstate 75 pretty much all the way up through Cincinatti, to just past Lima, OH and then got on US 30. Beautiful mountains there in both Kentucky and Tennessee.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

@VLJ
    From 75 you only saw the hills. KY's mountains are east of 75 toward the VA line. Black Mtn. in Harlan Co. is the tallest and the eastern section is true mountain country. There is even a good start of an elk and bear population there. BTW, good or bad, KY has been famous for tobacco since the colonial era. And the TN mountains are toward the Carolina line. Those things you see down toward Knoxville are just good sized hills.

@BigO
    Back to business, have they got the gremlins out of the Nero yet. My Recode2 is still acting up with Video TS files.

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Bummer, yeah it's supposed to be fixed. I have used it to see because it was screwed up for me also, and it is working fine. What is it doing specifically? Have you DL'd the new updates?

BTW, did you know Mt. Rogers is the 2nd highest mtn. and Mt. Mitchell is the highest mtn. east of the Mississippi? Both are about 45-60 minutes or so in opposite directions from me. I've been to Black mtn. a few times, pretty country!

VLJ, with a title like winemaker you could be a real popular fellow around here. lol
    _
    _

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  10. brobear

brobear Guest

Or here, or there. Those home made corn drinks are good to. When one gets a bottle, they want to lick 'er. Did I say that?

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You did!

BTW, have you DL'd the new update packs for Ultra 6?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  12. brobear

brobear Guest

I did and I'm still having errors with Video_TS files with Recode2. It'll record a disc or ISO, but not a file set. Do I need to check some of the settings, or is that still the same probs as before?

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Ya know brobear I haven't tried the new recode with Files as a source. I will do that and get back to ya.

I was having problems with disc to disc, so I just figured they had fixed everything. I'll do it tonite.

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

brobear, don't know what the problem is but recode failed using files instead of from the disc. I ripped with decrypter and everything went fine til the end of the burn, and I got the error message.

I did rip in file mode, wonder if ISO mode would have made a difference?

Wonder if anyone else is having this problem? I will PM Craig from Nero and see what he has to say.

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

brobear, found the problem, turns out it wasn't recode. After it failed I tried shrink, got the same write errors(thought maybe since it burned with nero I'd try a different app) , then tried clonedvd 2, same thing, X copy platinum, same thing.

Started to think my rip was bad, but decided to check media. I was using an RW so I kept using the same disc over and over, tried a new disc, worked perfect. Went back and tried recode, worked fine.

I guess that goes to show ya, media is a huge factor in DVD backup.

16. moondog69

moondog69 Member

Decripter+dvd2one+...nero...= a good mirror to hang on your PC...Best is Decripter or Smartripper + dvd2one + copytodvd = cooooollllllll !!!!!!!!!! :)

Strawberry Fields Forever....

17. brobear

brobear Guest

moondog69
    That post would be more appropriate for the thread 'Which Trasncoding Tools Produce The Best Picture Quality.' They beat that topic to death and it all comes down to personal preference. We note you have yours.

18. brobear

brobear Guest

BigO
    I was using fresh Ricoh +R discs. As I said, no failure using other software or even ISO in an emulator. Just fails with Video_TS files in Recode2. Haven't really spent much time looking for the source of the problem yet.

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

brobear, lol, yeah, I know you know what to use. i was just saying I had a bad disc(it happens) because i told you earlier it was f****ed up. But, to answer your question, recode is working fine since the update.

20. brobear

brobear Guest

I'm starting to think there is something screwy about my PC, but I can't finger it yet. Recode2 won't record in file mode and RB/CCE won't record any way.