1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Problem Nero or DVD2One?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Aero300, May 22, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Try doing everything on your C:\drive.

2. VLJ

VLJ Member

"Try doing everything on your C:\drive."

why?
    I encode to my drive G, a Maxtor 80GB Sata drive just fine. I have my primary SATA drive partitioned to C, D, E, and F. G is my second SATA and H is my 52X combo CD/R/DVD drive, I is my DVD drive 16x, J is my 8X DVD burner drive.

I've even plugged in my 120 GB external USB drive and recoded to there and burned from it as well (another 4 more drive letters. *S*)

3. moondog69

moondog69 Member

oki doki Brobear...

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

VLJ

I don't recall this being your problem and guess what, keeping it to his C:\ drive worked.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

VLJ,

If your drives aren't matched well, example both at 7200, 8mb buffer, etc., it can cause problems with certain apps as in the case of RB/CCE..

Brobear put it all on one, his C:/ drive as sophocles suggested, and it did indeed work.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  6. brobear

brobear Guest

VLJ
    I should have gotten back to the thread sooner, but I have been working with the RB/CCE setup. Indeed, in my case it was a buffer problem, 0003 Overflow, caused by the folders and programs being on different drives. There are obviously several scenarios where this problem crops up. In my case, with my software and hardware setup, the cure was getting everything on the same drive. It wouldn't be wise to start second guessing the hardware right now either. We're talking late model, quality components. When and if I find a further solution, I'll clue everyone in.

Kudos to Sophocles, jdobbs, and the others who have helped with the problem. Special thanks to Sophocles for thinking outside the normal sphere in solving this particular problem.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Reading old threads is a trip. Have you ever wondered about the things you might have said or what was important only a couple of months ago? Reading old posts you've made will answer some of that.

8. VLJ

VLJ Member

Still, having separate drives is not the problem. There is a setting somewhere that is causing a probem. Pehaps a different media, from Maxell to Sony as an example.

I run a maxtor 120 GB AND a Maxto 80GB not matched, not even close to being matched, and yet I can use Nero and burn from either of these drives OR a 80GB IDE drive on a USB 2.0 box I have and still no problems burning onto media using Nero. I think this thread was originally about Nero wasn't it?? LOL

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

VLJ

Sometimes having a seperate drives is the problem especially if they don't match in speed, buffer memory, or if one is fragmented and the other isn't. Too many variables to exclude them.

Still, having separate drives is not the problem.

10. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Sophocles...yeah, reading old posts is a trip. What strikes me most is that I don't always recognize when exactly it is that I'm picking up knowledge because it happens in such small increments ... yet looking back only a couple of months tells me that I continue to learn a lot. So, I sometimes think..."I said THAT!" or sometimes I do think what I would have like to have posted.

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes, learning is like physically growing as a child. It happens without the child feeling a bone grow or a single muscle stretch.

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Sorry, but I feel my bones grow, older by the minute!lol

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigo

Another all nighter?

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Nah, got back from the Tennessee/Florida game about 1:30 or so and went down about 3:00. My "bones" were wore out.lol BTW, great game!

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

It must've been a short sleep.

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I never sleep more than 4or5 hours. It's overrated.lol

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I sleep about the same, in fact if I get 6 hours I begin to feel drowsy.

18. brobear

brobear Guest

Yep,
    Old threads and a day late. Looked like RB/CCE did take over from Nero on a Nero thread. Who really cares when it reads " Is the Problem Nero or DVD2One?"
    Simple answer there, neither as long as they're set up right.

My RB/CCE still only works with everything on the same drive. Both are WD at 7200RPM, different size, but that isn't normally an issue. All other programs work from both drives when applicable.

Where did media come in at anyway? Maybe I didn't go back far enough to see if someone had a burn problem.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG]

I was an earth-rim walker, a lurker at the threshold of the abyss. - Grendel -

[bold]Et tu, Brute![/bold][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2004