1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a list with who was banned and why?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ChiknLitl, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

The name says it all. I see people suspended or suspended permanently and always wonder what the infraction was. Is this possible to have a database/list? ---Chikn

2. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Most of them started threads asking why other people were banned.

;)

To my knowledge a list such as this does not exist. The Mods might have one; maybe one of 'em will chime in.

3. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

Well this is the suggestion forum, lol! I was curious because when reading a thread and someone's name is isted as suspended I always wonder what the juicy scoop is. ---Chikn

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I'll bet the Admins have a section of the database linking bannees to specific moderators

[​IMG]

5. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

How about showing/linking to the thread or comment that got them banned? That would be interesting, no? ---Chikn

6. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

A lot of those who are banned for whatever reason come back under a new alias and I'm sure they wouldn't want to be listed in some wall of shame thread. The reasons are really between the member and the staff member who handled it. Really serves no purpose other than for gossip...just carouse the forum with a fine tooth comb and most of the bannees and reasons will be found.

7. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

OOH, alright. I was hoping for a little drama here on AD. I guess I'll have to get my fill with the daily soaps on the tele. ---Chikn

8. varnull

varnull Guest

I don't give a toss.. it's hard enough to get a straight answer out of them at the best of times... remember.. you MUST NEVER criticise sony in the news items in any way whatsoever.. or run the risk of a completely biased and unfair ban XD

9. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Such list makes no sense. There's as many reasons for a ban as there are banned members. And trust me, there has been enough drama in these forums without such a list anyway -- we've run this for.. damn.. seven years now and there have been some "high profile bans" in the past that have shaken the community quite a lot when they've happened.

All in all, it is always down the rules, the spirit of the rules and how different people want to interpret the rules. In AfterDawn forums, just like in any good dictatorship, there's just one way -- we like to call it "our moderators' way". Some people don't like that :)

Tons of people have also "just left" for various reasons. Good thing tho is that the feuds have never escaladed to the level where some users would have just ... dunnoƶ.. "disappeared". Heard that it is quite common in certain forums ("Cosa Nostra daily discussions", etc). ;-)

Anyway. People in forums change. That's life.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  10. ash4l

ash4l Member

Agreed with above! :)

11. vballstud

vballstud Guest

Hmmm...

12. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Well personally I see a lot that were banned and can pretty much see why they were.

My god there are lots that never even read the forum stickys or rules.

As I always say remember this forum or any other forum for that matter is someone elses home and we should respect that and their rules.

13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

that is because they didn't R.T.F.R.D.

14. PatMcG

PatMcG Guest

I've just read the views of the folk above me............ And seen what a edited by ddp site and such edited by ddp kind of a people that post on it and welcome a edited by ddp ban!!!!Live a little, Get edited by ddp,Have a edited by ddp or edited by ddp what ever you do just don't edited by ddp!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
  15. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

PatMcG, lightning struck!! post edited

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Is there a thread where you can see the posts BEFORE ddp edits the bad parts out??? I also like the touch of red there ddp! LMAO

17. bryston

bryston Regular member

Wow a perma ban in this thread about banning. It's like de ja vu, all over again !

Jo

18. varnull

varnull Guest

meh.. the school holidays are over for another 6 weeks.. then we get 2 or 3 weeks more retard for our enjoyment.

19. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Ah...the joy of seeing lightning strike in a thread about a being banned. Gotta love it.

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Indeed, stupid is as stupid does. A nominee for the Darwin Awards if ever there was one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.