1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a list with who was banned and why?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ChiknLitl, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hill16

hill16 Regular member

doubt it im sure there are pulling their hair out with worry about what they are going to do with their time he he!!

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I am sure they are both very helpful people, but what you see in the forums and what mods see are two very different things.

They wouldn't ban without reason

I have to agree with "Matt72" comment above.

3. pyrite

pyrite Member

Actually it appears to have been for posting a link to another site on their profile pages, which as far as i know is allowed and is done by dozens of members here.

Also as far as i know the mods aren't supposed to moderate the profile pages.

4. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

I always found Evastar To be very friendly, pleasant,polite and helpful.
    AD is going to be a poorer place without her.
    Really sad to see such a good member go.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  5. hiteckkk

hiteckkk Guest

Neither me or eva posted direct links to other forums/sites but for some reason we had our accounts removed, I have signed back up in other usernames and reported the mod who banned us, I have a link in my profile page just like allot of others do on here and the mods dont usually mind so a question to the mod who banned me and eva,

What was the reason for the ban? provide us with a link to the offending post/s....

Im sure you wont bother to do this and will remove my post but it would be nice of you to provide a good reason before removing afterdawn addicts and senior members who have been on here helping for the past year.

If we are not allowed a link in our profile page then remove the option, dont give us the chance to post the details there then ban us for doing so!!.

Ridiculous!

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

I just became aware of the situation and if it "developed" like HiTeck says here I'm a bit disappointed as well. There are other members here that get away with BLOODY MURDER and NO ONE does a DAMN thing to control their efforts. Besides that I've seen many members get banned then come back and do the same thing over and over again. I'm not seeing the logic in that either. hmmmmmmm. I'm a bit slow at times and maybe this is one of those times.

Sorry to hear the news about Eva and HiTeck.. If you read this hopefully you've moved on and are making life happen as usual. :D

....the GM

7. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

Well put GM

It's amazing what some get away with.

8. aldan

aldan Active member

hes got a point.mods,....anyone? last time i checked there was only one god.

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

HiTeck and Eva are right about them only pimping the site in question via their shoutbox profiles, which as stated, are not actually moderated (well apart from flaming, racism, stuff like that). Anyways, I did see a few people blatantly posting lots of links to the site lately and i guess i reacted badly. Feel free to point an Admin to this post to have your accounts reactivated if you so wish. What i will say though is that most of the recent updates to this thread seem to be from people ..who are recent members of the other site, as well as here. Coincidence ?, i dunno.

Join as many sites as you all like, leave whichever ones you like (or don't like), all i'm saying is let's not actively pimp other sites. Nor send insults via PM.

This place of all sorts of different characters, we do have some who like to bend the rules every which way, we have people who love revelling in trouble, that's up to them, but different people perceive other people in many different ways; what i'm getting at is that one person's perception of what another person can get away with is different to other peoples' perceptions. It's just the internet at the end of the day, conform to our few rules and let us know about those rules that get broken. And fell free to call this moderator all the names under the sun when he leans on the ban button too hard, just keep it off the forums and out of the PM's.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  10. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Does this mean reinstatement for them??

11. creaky

Up to them, i've arranged to have myself taken as hostage in return, and the swapover is arranged for 10pm. For that to happen there has to be no more advertising of other sites, by them or posters that look up to them.

12. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Hahahaha....Classic!!

13. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Fair play creaky, lets just hope now that they want to come back.

14. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

I hope they want to come back also :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  15. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I also hope they will both come back.

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

didn't know anything about those 2 bans. i've just been editing the links & put in the occasional warning about pimping other site but no bans.

17. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

lets hope they do come back we will all be better off for it

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  18. anto1969

anto1969 Regular member

I can not beleive this has happened to 2 reliables who have helped everybody to the best that they can and to be repaid like this, I only hope that hiteck and evastar want to come back, cause if they don't this place will not be the same :(

19. aldan

aldan Active member

eva,you gave me good advice after a poster slammed me once.and to top it all off you didnt get the least fazed when i said you sounded british.lol.miss you.

20. creaky

Any more for any more ?, i apologised already but i'm not laying on food, it's not a wake after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.