1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a list with who was banned and why?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ChiknLitl, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i hope they come back aswell,things can get a bit heated with the goings on ,and yes things do get misread,so a little bit of distant healing all round might work thanks peeps wherever ya are.please no links lol.hello creaky.

2. themoh

themoh Regular member

absolutely ridiculous 2 very highly regarded and respected members being banned from this site who have always gone out of their way and beyond to help people like me,absolute shame on you AD! if this is what your about AD, then ban me aswell,why would i want to be a member of a site like this,absolutely ridiculous carry on!!

3. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hi all,

This is exactly why I stated earlier in this thread there is no need for a ban list to be posted. Yes there will be concern..yes there will be opinions but at the end of the day the reality is if they were never apart of the forums most of us would still seek information to help us out. Although we do not always agree on what happens here lets not add fuel to the fire. Perhaps offering solutions would keep this thread helpful not only to those who moderate but others who use this site on a daily basis to get assistance ..If this offends anyone then read my statement below.

As I always state this is my personal opinion

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

themoh, we mods are human just like you are so mistakes happen so knockoff the tirade. remember what i posted before?

5. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

matt72, this particular thread is all about adding fuel to the fire! I wanted to know the juicy details of the bans, that's why I started it. Alas, there is no such answer to my gossip-mongering prayers. But check page 2 for a great example of "dirt" in the post that was expertly "edited by ddp". ---Chikn

6. themoh

themoh Regular member

in fairness ddp im sure by looking at your earlier reply in this thread your not happy with this either these people helped alot of people here including me,and you obiously didnt know anything about this ban as you stated,your threatening me with a ban i told you that i wasnt posting anymore links to the other site that is why you threatened me with a ban in the first place,so does that mean that if i voice my opinion in a mannerly way on any topic on this site am im going to get banned?,in this day and age im sure people are allowed to voice their opinion on matters and decisions that they feel may not be right thats what forums are for in my last post i portrayed my annoyance as to the situation.if you threaten me with a ban for every post that i do then whats the point of being on a forum,i voiced my opinion that was it.

7. ddp

what is done is done so lets just leave this all alone & let those 2 members decide if want to come back or not. agreed!!

8. hiteckkk

hiteckkk Guest

Have to agree although we do appreciate the support we need to leave this now, mistakes happen and they are being corrected although I wont be emailing for my account to be reinstated as it should be done without request.

I will let the eurovox tutorial I made run but as my account wont be up until I ask for it back means I wont be around to update it but there's plenty more folk here to help out.

Thanks for the support everyone and lets leave it there now please :).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  9. themoh

themoh Regular member

thanks for all your help hiteck.

10. themoh

themoh Regular member

yes its up to them but i would appreciate if you stopped threatening me with bans ddp.

11. homesick

homesick Regular member

just my two cents, i would like to see both members back as well. Not going to go into depth on anything else.

12. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

ddp, you and I had some differences of opinion, way back, but you are pretty damned level headed, and I know that you would not have banned Evastar.

I haven't had time to drop in here much, lately, but when I saw that Evastar was banned, I just wondered who the hell would ban someone who has contributed so much to these forums over the years.

13. bryston

bryston Regular member

If not on the forums or in the pm's, then where would that be ?

Jo

14. ddp

at home, in the washroom, on the river/canal.

15. bryston

bryston Regular member

Ahhhhh, yes, the men's bathroom grafetti at the local university and fraternity houses.

I just wonder how it would start, hmmmmmmm

16. ddp

ask endo as he can tell you since he asked for invites for christmas.

17. bryston

bryston Regular member

ddp, what are you saying ? As endo spent Christmas with me !

Jo

18. ddp

like i said ask him about all those invites for this past christmas.

19. varnull

varnull Guest

I detect stirring.. hahahahaha.. Jo, take no notice *giggles*

20. chris4160

chris4160 Guest

I got banned on another account because i had a link to another website... no warning, nothing... i see afterdawn senior members with links to flashing tutorials etc and they're not banned. To make it worse, the mod that banned me, added, and i quote
    *edit* I spammed - i left *edit*
    Now i do know that mods have a "very" hard job, but adding spiteful content like this is just plain cowardness... i never spammed at all, just a link to a safe website that included flashing tutorials... others have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.