1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a list with who was banned and why?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ChiknLitl, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

NO, you know exactly why you were banned, and i was very clear in the email you would have got, it was Referral spam, which like any other kind of spam, is not welcome here.

2. chris4160

chris4160 Guest

I have not recieved any email regarding this. I do not want to pick a fight... If it's against the rules to post another website then fine, i accept my punishment, I am new to this site and do not completely understand what i can and can't do...but maybe a warning would suffice rather than banning for a first offence... if that happens often then this site will have little traffic.

If stuff like this is not permitted, maybe those with governing powers should look to prevent it, not punish (a reminder next to the signature submit box maybe... i realise there is code of conduct)... i bet a lot of bans are caused non intentionally. What's that saying... "prevention is better than cure".
    PS, i was on my way to delete the link when i got banned (a nice after dawn addict advised me that it was not advisable to have this... maybe he should be made a mod)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
  3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

SPAM is SPAM however you slice it. You now have a new account and i suggest this time you read the Forum Rules, they're in my signature.

..hang on, why did you have 2 accounts ?, you had this chris account and the glarch account..

..and i see you've now got another one ~

Run that bit by me again about not being a spammer, you're only supposed to have one account here.

edit- this thread is a joke. It's just for people to post tales of woe as to why someone they are friendly with was banned or for people to be nosy. People ALWAYS know why they were banned as they are sent a notification detailing their offence(s). It's up to them if they don't agree with it but having a thread like this for people to keep whining in is silly.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.