1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a program that checks dvdr for errors

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Wezz, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Wezz

Wezz Member

I am trying to find a program that will check BLANK dvdr for errors. I have an almost unlimited supply of cheap dvdrs + and -. Some burn and play with no problems some freeze near the end of the movie or skip and so forth. I am in need of a program I can run that will check to see if a disc is full of bad sectors or if it has lots of errors near the end of the disc. I am aware of ways to check after the disc has been burned but I need to check before its burned or I will was half my life burning and then checking to see if its ok. Anyone have a solution for me?

2. hursty

hursty Active member

to my knowledge there is nothing that can check blank dvd,i know someone who used to make cd's and the piece of kit used to test them was awesome,i doubt whether the pc will beable to do the same,i may be wrong
    if you find out a way,let me know

if you are using dvd shrink,make sure you have set custon size to 4300 mb, to avoid burning on the edge of the disc

3. Wezz

Wezz Member

Thank you. I do all that I can to ensure a clean copy. I use decrypt - then shrink set at 4300 - then nero at 4x. I defrag before each burn and do not run any other apps while burning. I do believe cheap discs cause bad "skipping or freezing" copies.

4. hursty

hursty Active member