1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a quicker way to do this?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by sweeto10, Oct 7, 2007.

1. sweeto10

sweeto10 Member

Hi guys,
    Im converting DivX files with VSO DivXToDVD to create dvd files, which I later burn with DivXToDvD or Nero... But this process takes me about an hour.

Basically what I want to know is that is there a software that just burns DivX files straight to a dvd disc. I hope I make sense.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi sweeto10
    Sure if your player supports DivX just burn the DivX files as a data disc using Nero Burning Rom or Express.
    But if you need to convert them try Nero Vision - will convert and burn but may take a little longer DivXtoDVD.
    There's also ConvertXtoDVD - big bro of DivXtoDVD - not free but it also converts and burns. A little faster then Nero.

An hour though to convert really isn't that bad - if you had lesser pc specs would take even longer.

3. jony218

jony218 Guest

1 hour sounds about right for a divx to DVD conversion. With winavi converter and a coreduo 6300, I can do it in about 35 to 45 minutes. But 1 hour is actually a good time, some slower computers take even longer.

4. sweeto10

sweeto10 Member

Thanx for ur info guys.

5. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

@binkie7: I'm creating a video project for a game that has multiple scenes. It's probably 12 chapters in all. The original video is nearly perfect with no loss or artifacts. Which program should I use? DivXtoDVD or ConvertXtoDVD??

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@xhardc0re
    Sounds like you want menus too - use ConvertX - has some basic menus. DivXtoDVD doesn't.
    If you want even 'fancier' menu options use Nero's Vision instead

7. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi,

VSO ConvertXtoDVD v3.00 will be released real soon.

It will let you create awsome menus, chapter pages etc...

It's not free, but I think people will like the new features that v3.00 will offer.

8. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

To answer the OP's question:

What you want to do is get a one-click application which can convert, author and burn all by itself.

Try DVDFlick:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/dvd_flick.cfm

It's 100% free has the same features that VSO does, but it allows you to set your bitrate manually, so you cram more quality into your DVDs.
    In my opinion it gives superior quality compared to VSO.

Word of warning guys; Nero Vision is shockingly bad for converting AVI files. It uses a horrible codec, it doesn't sync properly and it's generally sloppy at best. I would recommend you stay away from Nero Vision.