1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a reason why a DVD won't playback on a laptop ?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by fbhwes, Apr 6, 2011.

1. fbhwes

fbhwes Member

I bought Disney's Blu-ray + DVD combo pack of "Tangled" last week and we've watched the Blu-ray twice on the two different blu-rays we have with no problem. It's the regular DVD that i'm having trouble with in my laptops drive. I put it in my nephews laptop which is brand new (mines 2 years old) and it worked. But i've gone round and round trying to get it to play on mine and it just will not play !

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Does any other dvd movie you played it in before still work if not perhaps a clean the laser time or it's stuffed,actually can you access any data dvd if not might be better to get yourself an external dvd

3. fbhwes

fbhwes Member

It plays all other DvD's that i put in it store bought and burned ones as well it's just this one New one that will not play. !

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

thats because of the bullshit "anti-copy" protections disney are using.. rip it with dvd-fab ;) .. a fine case of "broken by design" .. google that and see where it leads.