1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a spelling-corrector like Firefox, in IE7?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by BTFan, Sep 29, 2007.

1. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

I've been looking in the settings but haven't found anything. There is one in Firefox but what about Internet Explorer 7?

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Sorry to point out the obvious, but why not use firefox?

3. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

4. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Thanks Chris but I was looking for an automatic one. In ieSpell, you have to click on a button under Tools for it to correct. Isn't there anything that corrects like Firefox does?

I am not changing browser as Microsoft told me not to because if any trouble occurs on this new computer about the browser, they won't help because it's not their browser. :S

5. AXT

AXT Guest

Wait, they actually told you this? Just dump that POS internet explorer and use firefox. You will not encounter any problems while using firefox anyways. They are threating you with service denial if you do not use their software. Tell them to f**k off.

Is that legal??? No

6. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Yup, I asked them "Is there a spelling-corrector like Firefox's on IE7 and if there isn't, I think I'll switch to Firefox." So they said "We are warning you that there have been many complaints with Firefox and if that happens to you, we will not provide as much help because we have warned you." I don't want to risk anything, I just bought this new computer two days ago.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  7. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

First i must ask why you even bothered calling them with such a trivial question then secondly why you actually took what they said seriously. It doesnt matter what internet browser you use. I dont see ANY problem with using firefox. Its the exact same internet. Only 4 times better

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

You do realise Microsoft don't give a damn about your PC? All they're doing is forcing you to use ie. Trust me, Firefox works fine. It's far better than ie7 and light years ahead of ie6.

9. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

I didn't call them just for that. I wanted to know if it's possible to make IE7 open tabs instead of windows automatically (I got an answer from this forum) and this thread.

I don't really take them seriously it's just I prefer IE7.

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Each to their own, I never got on with ie7, I've been using firefox for years.

11. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

I had Firefox until I got this new computer I'm using. It came with Vista and IE7.
    I must disagree, Microsoft helped me once recover my broken computer because of IE7 and their service was nice, plus two days later they called to see if everything works and then I got an e-mail asking the same thing. Their service is pretty good.

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Not my experience, guess you got lucky!
    But in any case, they will stop you using products that rival theirs at all costs.

13. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

Yeah because it was THEIR product that broke your computer. Their obligated to.

14. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Yes but they didn't just tell me what to do and that's it. They took a lot of time so I hung up and they called back. I hung up twice and they called back twice. Pretty supportive.

I also got a phone call and an e-mail a few days later asking if everything's OK.

If they would just tell me what to do and then "bye", I wouldn't say they had a good service but after what they did, I must say it was a good service that was provided.

15. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

So your still sticking with the product that broke your computer in the first place?

16. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Well, in my old computer, the IE7 installation said that my Windows XP isn't genuine...so I found a way on the internet on how to gte IE7 even if my Windows copy isn't genuine. I thought IE7 was the best at that time. So I did what the article said and one I had to restart my computer, it wouldn't open.

So it was my fault, not Microsoft's. But when I called them, I didn't tell them I used teh unofficial way to install IE7.

Once I recovered from my PC, I directly installed Firefox 2.0 and liked it. Now I bought a new computer which came with IE7. It's not as bad as everyone says it is.

If I experience trouble with IE7, I'll install Firefox.

17. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

Theres a simple script that makes your windows copy genuine and valid but umm yea..

18. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Where can I find this script (for my old computer)?

19. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

Uhh im pretty sure its illegal to talk about that here.

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It is. It's also against the forum rules. It's something I've wanted to be able to do, but in short you don't need to.
    By going here
    http://www.softwarepatch.com
    You can legally download all the security updates and add-ons for windows without needing to use windows update.
    No more having your games minimise when windows updates!