1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there a way to burn a dvd+r or -r to make copies of copies?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by swollneck, Apr 30, 2004.

1. swollneck

swollneck Member

My friend wants to backup a movie i burned for him its a dvd of us in a wrestling tournament don't worry no copyright infringe. heres the problem i have the original and made a backup for him using dvd x copy platinum. but now he can't backup the backup is there a way around this?

2. michigan

michigan Guest

you should be able to do a disc copy with Nero or whatever you use, except x copy

3. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

so long as it aint bigger than 4.3gb (which seeing as you have done a back-up already then it cant be) try using using DVD Decrypter in iso read then iso write mode.......not the best way to do it but it will work and it is free!!!!!!

Oh and to be honest i'd ditch all 321 products (dvd x copy and the like) and use the free option instead.

4. swollneck

swollneck Member

thanks guys big help, i just used record now since it was already on my computer but now i have nero and dvd decrypter, thanks again, i wonder why it wouldn't work with x copy?

5. ellizit

ellizit Guest

Hmm...that's a common question! :)

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its illegal to copy a copied disc....

7. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

hiya oriphus......is that really the case?????

i assumed that if you owned the original (and any copies were for personel use) you could run off as many as you liked?

though now thinking about it i can see why the law would state you only need one back-up at a time.

viper

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

He's alright, it's a home movie of him in a wrestling tournament :)

9. michigan

michigan Guest

Yes he is alright, it's a home movie they haven't passed llaws against that (yet) :) Doesn't "fair use" constitute "personal" copies? If I take one camping and leave one at home as well as leave the original at home isn't htat considered "fair use"? (of course I own the original but I don't use them anymore I use and abuse the backups)

10. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

hi:

why don't you use dvd shrink. let shrink copy it to your hard drive and then use a writing software such Imgtool etc to write it to your blank. Many ways to do it, this is just my way...

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

The law states that u can have only one back-up copy of an original. If in the event that the original gets destroyed and u wish to back up ur back up - well...thats a grey area....

There are no restrictions on home made movies of course

12. michigan

michigan Guest

Thanks Oriphus, I didn't know that you could only make 1 backup, but I guess that makes sense it is a "backup" not a copy, my bad. Guess I'll have to quit that :( Oh well

13. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - im not telling you what u have to do, you can venture of on any pursuit of your choice ;-) but if doing so, try to use nice words to explain what u need help with, that way we break no laws and dRD is happy ;-)