1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to copy Amazon Unlimited music to my PC?

Discussion in 'General audio discussion' started by Pariah, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Pariah

Pariah Regular member

I don't own an MP3 player aside from my phone, which is a bit inconvenient for my needs. Main place I listen to music is in my car where I use the USB port and a flash drive of music I transferred from my PC for listening to while driving (long daily commute). I also listen to audio books this way as it is easier than trying to swap out CDs while driving.

My personal collection has grown too large to listen to any album with frequency (about 850 GB). My video collection had similarly grown beyond manageability, and I switched to watching things with alternating between Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime (I get Netflix free with my cell service, Prime included in my prime membership...so really just paying the monthly for Hulu). Amazon's music unlimited sounds like a good similar solution for music as I only really want to listen once or twice and move on from any 1 song/album since there is too much I want to listen to than it makes sense to keep building to my collection (I may even start getting rid of my collection as I verify same ones are on Unlimited).

I'm not real tech savvy, but I understand my PC better than phones and with driving, prefer to have my USB that can hold several albums for commute than having to swap a CD, or check my phone/surf for next album on phone.

Anybody know if there is a way? I may just have to get my kid (or some kid) to teach me a safer way to use my phone....

2. supersaiyaman

supersaiyaman Member

if you want to copy music that is on your computer to your phone all you should need is a usb cable plugged into your phone and computer.it should pop up with a window wene you connect them and all you need to do is drag and drop your music from your computer to your phone

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

So what you're asking is is there a way to copy music streams? The answer is yes but I would take care to check how that would affect copyright laws where you live. There are a number of stream recording applications of which some are commercial and some are free. The best bet is to download a couple and give them a try. Once again it's important to know the copyright laws that cover your area.

Here is a link to some recent applications.

Another method is to search for the song you're looking for on Youtube, pick a good quality stream, download the Youtube file and then convert to mp3 or the format of your choice.

https://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-streaming-media-recorder.htm

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

With music apart from removing multiples of the same song (be careful not to remove different versions or ones that haven't had heavy editing to shorten) .You could after that's finished start to refine your music collection. An example is what i have done & started concentrating more on live music rather than studio recorded.This includes ripping audio from dvd's .In so doing i have found a number of jems where the original singer & others have changed the tempo or equaled or improved upon the original.For instance David Bowie At BBC Radio Theatre London (the bbc has had few live performances over the years),Nirvana unplugged,then there's George Michael singing roxanne from the alb symhonica which is an outstanding version of roxanne.Dam it man ! it blows my mind just thinking about it lol..Ok one last thing if you haven't done so already.Like you , music is played mostly in my ute.In the past i used to use all in one speakers.Now i use two way component (thinking of changing up to 3 way) regardless,with the woofer in the door & the tweeters on the dash, the sound is unbelievable.I can hear sounds that i never could before.Even more surprising the performance of any amp attached (or just the stereo itself) increases as well (Mine stuffed out *cries* it was a really old gm4000 amp & capacitors had started leaking everywhere)..Just one thing be sure to look for speakers with rms rating not max or any other bs.Most speakers are around 50-80 watts however you can get a few that are 100 or a little more.Speakers first then an amp is best when getting stereo equipment