1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to create a gamertag on a modded xbox these days?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Kyther, May 19, 2010.

1. Kyther

Kyther Member

Im hoping this is the correct section to ask this. Ive got a modded original xbox with a patched PSO game on it so i can play offline. I would really like to play the game under my own profile rather than the default FAKE GAMERTAG <--actual spelling. Im not sure if its possible or not but any bit of information would be appreciated. I attempted a google search and a search of the forums and after a couple hours decided it would be safe to ask.

So if anyone knows a way i can get a gamertag to use in my game or a program to maybe make a tag so i can ftp it or something like that, let me know

Thanks in advance

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. firefoxx04

firefoxx04 Member

the xbox live servers have been shut down for the xbox origonal.

3. Kyther

Kyther Member

I already know this, thats not what i was asking i was trying to find a way to program a gamertag into my xbox so i dont have to use the fake one, i have revamped my box programming and done far more to it than just that, not to mention im pretty sure the majority of the xbox modding community already knows live has been shut down for it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  4. firefoxx04

firefoxx04 Member

now im confused.. what good would having a live account stored on your xbox do?

i got my stuff all "revamped" also and find no need for this??

5. Kyther

Kyther Member

The use is if you would have fully read my first post that i dont want to use the account that is with Phantasy Star Online known as FAKE GAMERTAG. i have the offline patch an i would like to play with my own name rather than the default one

6. firefoxx04

firefoxx04 Member

i still dont get it, and i read your origonal post. sorry for trying to help and understand.

7. Kyther

Kyther Member

i just want my own personal account technically you cant play PSO offline without one, and dont be srry but if you dont understand then you should have clarified that in the first place

8. firefoxx04

firefoxx04 Member

after thinking about it i get it.. you patched the game but have to play under the gamertag that was provided in the patch.. and you want to use your own name.

ive never even heard of the game, i mainly stuck to halo

9. Kyther

Kyther Member

ah ok well Phantasy star was first on the sega genesis i believe but the first phantasy star online i remember is on the dreamcast it was a good game then they ported it to other systems an the pc where u can still play on private servers for free

10. firefoxx04

firefoxx04 Member

and the catch is using the fake gamertag instead of your own.. damn that sucks.

maybe someone can write a program that makes a gamertag and injects it in the xbox.

i dont know who would be willing to do that though.

11. Kyther

Kyther Member

i know for sure im not capable of it i dont quite know enough to accomplish that

12. DoctorN

DoctorN Member

I know its possible but I would play with FAKE GAMERTAG anyday! How did you get?

13. Kyther

Kyther Member

its the Phantasy Star online episode 1&2 offline patch best thing you can do is google it

14. DoctorN

DoctorN Member

I have the .xbe patch but I want to mod my xbox so when it loads up, it will still be the regular xbox menu. is there an equivalent of swap magic out there for this?

15. Kyther

Kyther Member

look up the ndure softmod its a way to mod without a chip or cheat device basically you reformat the hdd with a new os an can still boot to the stock menu if you choose to its been so long since i actually did this i cant think of the exact name for it but its out there thats about all i can tell you